So called Elite Troopers - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Trooper wants to be cop

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Boy, the sh!t is getting deep around here. We are the elite and your not. Its easy to tell because your complaining on this website in the first place. I've seen a many of depts in this state that I dont give a fat rats arse about, but I have never felt the urge to go to their website and ***** at them. Im better than that and obvioulsy your not. I bet you guys would'nt make it through the first week of trooper school. A trooper can lateral over to your job with ease, can you do the same to be a trooper. NOT!!
    I know of this FHP Sgt. that tried to come over to an S.O. here in south Florida. He didn't do that great during his FTO assignment and as fate would have it, after he went out on the road on his own, within 2 weeks he left and went back to FHP. He just couldn't hack the type of calls that the S.O. dealt with, after all, he was raised in Tallahassee to use the 316, 320 statutes to solve all his problems and then as a Sgt. he did even less road work so when someone thinks that a transition can be made "WITH EASE" be careful in what you speak of, apparently it did not go all as planned for this guy. Oh, and just for the record, I don't know of any city cop or county deputy that aspires to be a trooper, we can't afford the paycut!

Re: Trooper wants to be cop

Quote Originally Posted by Not too sure about that
    I know of this FHP Sgt. that tried to come over to an S.O. here in south Florida. He didn't do that great during his FTO assignment and as fate would have it, after he went out on the road on his own, within 2 weeks he left and went back to FHP. He just couldn't hack the type of calls that the S.O. dealt with, after all, he was raised in Tallahassee to use the 316, 320 statutes to solve all his problems and then as a Sgt. he did even less road work so when someone thinks that a transition can be made "WITH EASE" be careful in what you speak of, apparently it did not go all as planned for this guy. Oh, and just for the record, I don't know of any city cop or county deputy that aspires to be a trooper, we can't afford the paycut!
    We had a local trooper who tried to get on with the city and with the county, but nobody would hire her. The fact that she was a trooper didn't matter. You can keep her. I guess you'll have to since nobody will hire her.

Re: Trooper wants to be cop

Quote Originally Posted by Not too sure about that
    Boy, the sh!t is getting deep around here. We are the elite and your not. Its easy to tell because your complaining on this website in the first place. I've seen a many of depts in this state that I dont give a fat rats arse about, but I have never felt the urge to go to their website and ***** at them. Im better than that and obvioulsy your not. I bet you guys would'nt make it through the first week of trooper school. A trooper can lateral over to your job with ease, can you do the same to be a trooper. NOT!!
    Howdy there Doody, I know of this city officer who went through the FHP crossover training academy and he didnt make it out of FTO before he quit, took a pay cut and went back to his old job. Not everyone is made to be a trooper as some troopers are not made to be locals. Everyone does what makes them happy. You know, like you love to ***** and complain on this website. Whats next, you dont like how we keep the grass cut at our stations.

TROOPER, that cop you were refering to, did he/she come from the Waldo police department?

You stated they took a paycut to go back to their old job, must not have been a real agency if they get payed less than FHP. I could take a job as a McDonalds manager and make more than a Troopers. I would still deal with more crime, all those 15-17 year olds pilfering the cash register and giving away free food.

In fact here you go in case you are interested..

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/work.html

There is one agency in the US that IS elite, in a state that has NO counties and NO sheriff's. It has full police power anywhere in the state and has both a uniform and non uniform section under the same dept.

Who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by guess
    There is one agency in the US that IS elite, in a state that has NO counties and NO sheriff's. It has full police power anywhere in the state and has both a uniform and non uniform section under the same dept.

Who is it?
    Alaska has no counties and no sheriff departments. Additionally, the Alaska Department of Public Safety is a full service police agency. The reason for this is because Alaska wasn't created until 1959, so the state is unencumbered by many common law traditions, such as the creation of sheriff departments.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy partner
    Quote Originally Posted by guess

Who is it?
    Alaska has no counties and no sheriff departments. Additionally, the Alaska Department of Public Safety is a full service police agency. The reason for this is because Alaska wasn't created until 1959, so the state is unencumbered by many common law traditions, such as the creation of sheriff departments.
    THIS is how it should be nation wide ! ! In this day and age, it is only to a States benefit to have such a set up. Lets be real here. If i am a long way from home, i am NOT gonna get wrapped up in some minor traffic ticket and have to go back to wherever it is. In Florida, ALL can make felony arrests outside their home jurisdictions. It should be this way for misdemeanors as well. Put the "habeus grabus" on them IF NEEDED and call the locals for treansport. WE DO OUR OWN ROUGH/PC ! !
    The flying situation is about the same mess. Full time LEO's should be allowed to fly armed. There should be a special FAA approved training class. I doubt the guys with muskrats on their faces will try a plane again, but better safe than sorry.

TROOPER, that cop you were refering to, did he/she come from the Waldo police department?

You stated they took a paycut to go back to their old job, must not have been a real agency if they get payed less than FHP. I could take a job as a McDonalds manager and make more than a Troopers. I would still deal with more crime, all those 15-17 year olds pilfering the cash register and giving away free food.

The pay in north Florida is very low for some depts. There are plenty of them up here that start barely over 20k a year. In some parts of north Florida, troopers are the highest paid. 60k a year in south Florida is comparable to 35-40k a year here. The average cost of a family home can vary 100k from north to south Florida. Its like two diffirent states. You go and save McDonalds with all your superior crime fighting skills. Ask for a liter of cola.

Quote Originally Posted by TROOPER

The pay in north Florida is very low for some depts. There are plenty of them up here that start barely over 20k a year. In some parts of north Florida, troopers are the highest paid. 60k a year in south Florida is comparable to 35-40k a year here. The average cost of a family home can vary 100k from north to south Florida. Its like two diffirent states. You go and save McDonalds with all your superior crime fighting skills. Ask for a liter of cola.
    At least he would know what to do if someone stole that cola! Oh, I forgot you've worked off duty at Dillards...my bad. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TROOPER

At least he would know what to do if someone stole that cola! Oh, I forgot you've worked off duty at Dillards...my bad. :lol:
    Dillards was always good to the patrol. Working there just showed us how easy your real crime fighting jobs are. Bag em, tag em and wait for another happy customer. Nothing to it.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast