officer encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

officer encounter

While at the racetrack gas station on 22nd and 28th st n at around 500 pm I pulled in to purchase a coke and some smokes,I was parked next to a marked unit and another marked unit was several car spaces to my left on the other side,these officers ran into each other and both did not acknowlodge each other a bit,one was white ,the other was black,at that point I fully believed their are some politics going on with you guys,gotta be a bull shit work enviroment,but good luck to all you positive guys out there,thanks for the hard work.

I would have to either say your perception was wrong or your just a liar trying to stir the pot.

Oh come on, lyer? Thats strong. His perception could be right. Could have been two cops who dont like each other. Or it could have been a hard working white cop and a lazy do nothing "Go Liath" Davis supporter who is posing as a cop. Stirring the pot?!?!? THE POT HAS BEEN BOILING FOR YEARS, BRO!!!

Or they could have just been on the same call together a few minutes earlier and had said everything that needed to be said. Who is to say?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Ofc Landers

Did either Ofc. acknowledge the other?
    Obviously you didn't recognize either of the parties and can't place any names. Most officers greet each other. Even those from different departments through out the state.

There could have been a problem here.....

The PC correct action, should some negative vibes be present would be ..
    ... to at least acknowledge the presence of the other.
    If there were bad feelings (or the politics of the department contributing to a riff) which might have putting up a barrier between the two. The least said between the two... is the best.

Look further into the problem: Maybe: the administration's actions caused a possible riff, if indeed one existed.

Seems to me to be a very observant point, to notice two LEO's not talking together. WTF

I recently had the misfortune of visitig a st. Pete function the other day and could not believe what happenned. I witnessed an officer near the Vinoy treat myself, who is a citizen and fellow officer, like he could not spare a second of his time to answer a question and literally scolded me for stopping and asking.
    This type of behavior is unbelievable to me and your professionalism sholud be questioned. I am not a disgruntled employee, i was not issued a ticket and i had no personal beef with this officer. I would hope this is not a reflection of the majority of your rank and file.

"During an event near the Vinoy..."

You just explained it......that has to be the worse traffic post imaginable. Events that happen on a regular basis, the same way each and everytime. But for some reason the residents of the near-by condos, and sometimes even the visitors, think its the two officers at that post who are completely responsible for the ruining their entire life (which is usually a brief delay). The result is a constant bombardment of rude insults and a belief that they single handedly right the payroll checks of the officers. In addition to it being the busiest place during any event.....

Have a little patience next time concerned 1 and place the shoe on the other foot.

Race Baiting

Copper, could it have been a lazy white cop and a hard working brother?

you want it?

I've heard so much complaining about the public not respecting LEO's. This is a prime example. I have met some super nice ones who I talked to every morning at my usual coffee stop. BUT, if you want respect from the citizens, than act like a human being and not a caveman!

Sorry, caveman? Could you define that please. do ypu mean like in those stupid geico commercials or what??????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast