What the is the deal in D-1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hey RETNUH (Hunter backwards), what district are you from? Why are you so bitter? Do you dislike Hunter that bad to spell his name backwards and bad mouth him on every post? Please do tell us why you hate CCSO so much. You must be looking at days on the beach for something you didn't do.

Holy CRAP! I didn't know there were so many D-1 haters out there. "days on the beach" Funny!

This is the second LEO job I've had, and buddy let me tell you all something, it is WAYYYY better here than it was there. So far, I've been able to advance and get pretty much everything I've wanted. There's always the politics, back-stabbing, and general sh--talking at any agency you will work for.

This is the job we've chosen, it's not better anywhere else.

Time Out!!! This forum is open to anyone with a computer. This is not the place to drop names, initials or anything else identifying someone or their position. Those who are doing it are just coming across as spineless jellyfish, and bringing a negative opinion/rumor out as something the public may think is fact. If you are gonna drop a name, have the courage to sign your name at the end of your post. If you aren't willing to do that, think about the fact that your URL can be traced, so prepare to defend your statements in PRB. Then look in the mirror and tell us how perfect you are and how much better you could do someone else's job.

FROM AN EARLIER POST

**This concern was already resolved in the Florida courts two years ago when the Sheriff of Hillsborough County took the owners of this site to court in an effort to learn the identity of persons posting derogatory information about the Sheriff, his staff and the agency. The courts, not once but twice, upheld the owner’s rights to not release ANY information that could possibly reveal the identity of someone participating in this forum, regardless of what they wrote. Freedom of speech took precedence and the intent of this website was justified.

To state that the owners could “Share” this court protected information is not only wrong but indicates to me that you do not know who they are, what they stand for or the reason why they invested their own money to start the web site and then spend thousands in defending your right to privacy.

To answer your question on how they would respond in court under oath, I will direct you to the Hillsborough County courthouse and to the local media stations that took interest in the story and the ruling by the court. There is enough information on file that should quail your concerns.

I can assure you as a Moderator for this web site that I have spoken to Chip at length about the rules of this forum and supporting their interest in open communications without the fear of being identified. Unless you post information that could open a criminal investigation then you should feel confident to anonymously participate at LeoAffairs.com. If you still feel apprehensive in participating on the forum then you may always exercise your right to just read what others have to say, hence, the reason you do not have to register to read or write.

As for continuing to allow some posts that were banned, we do everything possible to keep spamming off of the site or those who intentionally violate the rules from participating. Once the IP address is blocked, they always seem to find new IP addresses and ways to return. It is an on-going task but one that we will continue to do to ensure your enjoyment and the reasons why LeoAffairs.com exists. ****

(D-8 is the model district? HAHA. Is that why they have 24's every night and have to call upon other districts to come assist them in halting the nonsense?! D-8 has an LT that is so far up the admin's arsss all he does is worry about what chess piece to move next.)

Apparently you are mis-informed about D-8 and have never spent any time out there, nor any time working for the LT out there. As someone who completed a tour of duty in that District and worked for the current LT at one time, I can assure you that he is no where near up the admin's "arsss" as you think. He is a "cops cop" and leads by example. I cannot recall one time or incident where another district came to assist District 8 with anything. Actually, I remember District 8 going to District 1 to assist them with an incident at Ridgeport Pub last year. And 24's every night. Check your facts. The COMSTAT totals are available on the intranet for everyone to see. I suggest you take a look and check your information. District 8 had nine part one crimes the previous COMSTAT. Thats hardly a 24 every night.

This is why everyone goes to Immokalee to party on weekends and everyone is moving there......oh wait........they're not.

There are so many problems we have to deal with on a daily basis and the only thing people worry about is how a Lt. made to the position he is in. Why not worry about the 12 hours shifts and how it effects the people in your family. Why not worry about the people you work with not doing the job they were hired for (lazyy deputies) and how it effects you and everyone you work with. As far as Blake and Tony go they are 2 of the 3 Sgt.'s in the district who do back the guys that work for them and have taken some punches from D-1 admin for it. They may be disgruntled but that does not effect the way they do thier job. Anyone talking all this smack about D-1 has either worked there and left pissed off or is just pissed off at Prisco and Bones.
    Lt.'s come and go and D-1 is the perfect example of that. If you don't like who is there, just wait them out. They come and go. I think we are on the 3rd one in just about 2 years and there are alot of deputies working there for longer than that. Stay safe.

Guys (and possibly girls):
    If you don't like it, get out. Sounds like all you are good for is talking smack, but are too much of a coward to speak your mind in person. There are plenty of others spots in the agency where you can go and work. There is also Publix. But remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.

Blake in 08'

de ja vu

Hunter has done a fine job in many ways over the years. i have said this before. I have no dislike of him or of many of his decisions. i simply belive it is time for a new sheriff for the reasons I have stated Hunter has had a good run and done much good but, its time for him and his admin to go they are no longer effective and have lost perspective we have a good old boy system in place not the professional one we need for our times. Maybe someone will run this time up and offer what we need. maybe it will be hunter, maybe it will be someone else. I will vote for the best person. its time for change for the better. geez, lighten up some of you people seem to think i have committed some great felony for speaking here. And the guy who mentioned the name and initial dropping is right on. If I have done it, it was a mistake and I will not do it again someone said something like if you dont like it get out. NO. I am loyal to the agency and to what we do I just think it can all be better with some changes, like a new sheriff. last, as for PRB or the sheriff trying to find out the names of the posters to this site, well does not that say a lot about the sheriff and prb? new sheriff. its the best way.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast