What the is the deal in D-1
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What the is the deal in D-1

What on earth is going on in D-1. I understand that the LT there has less time on the road then my socks do, but what is he doing! He has run out several excellent members of this agency, both to other agencies and to other Districts because they will not be his yes men and now his target is on one of the BEST road Sergeants left in this agency.
    The Sheriff has to wake up and see what is going on up there. I understand that he is a great car salesman, but what happened to leading with what you are given. Trying to build a team? Crime is up, by last years numbers it was almost 130 part one crimes up from the year before, morale is at the lowest it has ever been and this District is on the border of mutiny type rebellion.
    Has it really become necessary for a District LT. to impress the admin by continuously writing up his staff? I think the admin would be more impressed to see a smoothly run district then a LT that feels the need to show he has what it takes to cause discontent. What have we gone through up there now since he has been there, 3 CID Sgts. A whole new SET team, that is larger then ever, a new Admin min SGT. Gary, and a group of great Sgts that have become brow beaten into discontent (because up could never brow beat them into submission, they are just too good).
    Sheriff, it is time to admit the mistake, take him back down to Sgt and let the District get on with what it use to do, and get rid of this crazy back stabbing mentality. We have seen some guys rise very fast in this agency and some with great reason. I know that there is a very young LT in District 2 that has very little time in “Road Patrol” but you don’t see these kinds of problems there. He has never felt the need to advance his career over the backs of his crew. He makes a darn good LT and his men can trust him. It is just a shame that same working relationship is not in the Agencies Flag Ship District!
    :evil:

I have some familiarity with D1. I talk to many of its members frequently. Same goes for D2. Neither district Lt should be Lts. You are right about D1... there is so much wrong with that district and its operations, and it all stems from the Lt and the sheriff that put him there. It is time for a new sheriff, and a new administration.

Well, I don’t go as far as saying we need to wipe the slate clean with an entire new administration, I do think that a bit more time should be required before you go from hire to running a district. There is a maturity problem there and although he may say all the right things in meetings and Comstat, his leadership skills never got a chance to evolve or even remotely develop.
    I man once said “you don’t have to know how to sew to sell a sewing machine” D-1 LT sold himself to admin, even if it was by selling everyone else out. It doesn’t mean he knew how to do the job, he just knew how to sell himself. Well fast forward a bit and now if admin does not know of the issue’s then shame on them. Heck Lee County S/O knows of the issues so it should have reached to our own command staff by now. But it is time for someone in the Command Staff to step up to the plate, take one for the team and say, “We made a mistake with LT Prisco, he was not ready for this move and now we have some serious problems up there” there were Sgts and staff unhappy with LT/Command Bishop in D-1 and some unhappy with LT Welch in D-1 but I’d bet a “button to a buck” that either one would be welcomed back with open arms at this point.
    As far as D-3 goes, I here rumblings but I don’t work there and don’t know that LT at all, so I can’t say.
    :evil:

such an admission will never happen. none of the command lackys have the guts, and are likely afraid of loosing power or influence with the sheriff. they are all building their own little kingdoms and actually want people like some of the district Lts in place... it solidifies their power base. I know about D3. It is bad... very bad. It all starts at the top... that Hunter would allow, or just be so blind to what is going on, is proof positive... it is time for a new sheriff, and a new administration.

Red Devil,
    Where do you get your statistics? You are way off base, and obviously have no ground to stand on. Where have you been, or are you new to this post? Although I do not work in D-1 I can tell you that they are the "Collier Idol" if you will. There part one crimes have dropped by over 50 percent since last year, making my district look bad. I don't know where you got your stas...you are wrong and mistate the facts. The LT in D-1 Prisco, is young, but he runs a district that is the "Idol" for the rest of us. You must have been written up by Prisco or are a new Sgt (Maybe Tony Lauer) who needs to get into a different line of work. I have many of friends in D-1 that have there negative things to say about the district, but know one has bad mouthed Prisco or his troops. Red Devil, get your facts straight before you run your mouth to people that know better.

that was hilllaryous. i can't wait to tell Tony about it

So now Georgie and Paradise are posting as guests.

George and Guest are one in the same. Looks like George wants D-1 back.

Wow....George is not only a guest but he is also the Devil. George must really want out of Tony Lauer's old spot and back into D-1.

Hey Red Devil,
    Lets back this up. Who has left D-1 for other Counties because of Prisco? Name them. You are wrong, dishonest, unethical and way off base. I can back that up. Challenge is on!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast