St. Pete Campus - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Pete Campus

Tampa O.T.

I use to work o.t. in tampa all the time when I worked at usf st. pete! I guess they don't do that anymore?

Sundome, Ray Jay stadium, etc!

USFPD @ St Pete vs USFPD @ Tampa

First: The two are not one in the same. There are different sets of SOPS, supervisors, commanding officers, etc. Only the name is the same. Patrol cars, uniforms, training, etc. all differ.

Second: We are all employed by the State of Florida through the Board of Education (I think). Our hiring processes are different and Tampa doesn?t handle St Pete applications.

Third: If a USF Tampa cop want to transfer to USF St Pete they just can't do that. There has to be an opening. Again we are to different agencies.

Forth: Now for the big overtime/draft issue. Yes overtime is great to have available for the extra money. Some USF Tampa officers don't need to work the overtime so they don't sign up. Others need the extra cash so they sign up all the time. However, even those that work lots of o/t like to have a day off now and then. If you sign up for lots of o/t the first time you decide to take a weekend off you get drafted. If you don't sign up for lots of o/t then it always seems like you get drafted for an event when you have something else going on. The talk of having USF St Pete officers working on Tampa campus would be no less complicated than having a USF Tampa officer work at the St Pete campus. Radio codes differ, knowledge of the community differ, policies differ, and the list goes on. Sure in time it could work itself out but like anything that would take time. And for any USF St Pete officer interested in this post, if USF St Pete did start working o/t on Tampa campus you guys are more than welcome to become part of our draft list and take your hits like we all do on the Tampa Campus. No one ever goes "yeah!!!, I got drarfted for en event".

Fifth: The USF Tampa campus has grown exponentially in the past several years and the police force has shrank. With that, the demands on the police force have grown but because our numbers have shrank those demands get placed on the officers that have remained at the department, they then have more responsibilities and those include work and being told they have to work even on their day off. And that my friend really sucks. Being told to work during a hurricane, disaster, major event, etc. is expected in law enforcement. However being told you have to work just to cover the very basics of events because we don't have the staffing to cover them again sucks.

If the officers at USF St Pete are interested in working o/t on the Tampa campus why don't you have someone call the USF Tampa events Lt. and discuss the possibility of that happening with him. Nothing on this post will get it accomplished.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1044689
    They'll never do it... St. pete campus is like the redheaded stepchildren. Hell, no one in pinellas county likes you anyway. Hope your applications elsewhere and your resume are up to date.
    y rm we'd sitll th r eedhea#ded stepchikdrne??!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12