employment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: employment

employment

hi all i am looking to join this department.anyone have info on how it is working at pbso

Great, but we have enough New Yorkers. Pleaseeeeee.!

Re: employment

Quote Originally Posted by applicant
    hi all i am looking to join this department.anyone have info on how it is working at pbso
    What do you want to know? Trust me we welcome New Yorkers especially with experience.

no more New Yorkers

First, not all ex-New York (and surrounding northern states) police officers are "bad". I work with several who are knowledgeable and professional. Unfortunately, this is not the majority that I have encountered. They escape NYPD with a disability pension and take L.E. jobs here. If they are that disabled how can they perform the L.E. function. They seem to take pride in being able to do as little work as possible and then brag about it as if it were some sort of badge of honor. They tend to use a lot of sick time, when not sick, thus having other members of their shift pull their weight for them.

Again, this does not apply to all, but it does seem to describe a large percentage.

well i feel bad that some feel the way they do about ny.how ever i am not a police officer in ny i am a paramedic..and we are all not bad !!! lol

Re: employment

Quote Originally Posted by applicant
    go to www.pbso.org and you will find the application dowload. Good luck.

Run as far away from PBSO as you can get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RUN
    Get off our website. You obviously aren't a Deputy here. PBSO is the greatest place to work. Not one person has had anything bad to say about this place. Get your facts straight before posting here. I came from the city of Delray Beach and I have family working in various other cities in PBC county. Trust me when I tell you PBSO is the best place to work bar none especially in Palm Beach County.

PBSO Does Rule

Quote Originally Posted by PBSO Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN
    Get off our website. You obviously aren't a Deputy here. PBSO is the greatest place to work. Not one person has had anything bad to say about this place. Get your facts straight before posting here. I came from the city of Delray Beach and I have family working in various other cities in PBC county. Trust me when I tell you PBSO is the best place to work bar none especially in Palm Beach County.
    I agree with PBSO rules. You run as far away from here as you can and keep going. Don't look back because we won't be waiting for your sorry behind. I too came from a city, the city of Boca to be exact. When you're paying hundreds of dollars for health care, and contributing to your pension as well as many other things you'll see PBSO rules. My brother came from West Palm PD and after he was an LT there he would never leave. He now works here as a Road Deputy and he'll tell you PBSO is far superior to where he came from as well. So please keep running because we don't want you.

Hey,I am a retired officer from NYPD.Iam receiving a disability pension and applied for the position of road deputy.I completed most of my background testing and was notified I failed my polygraph.The administrator of the polygraph was a total anti new yorker,it was so obvious.I sat down to take the test and states "oh wow another new yorker".He stated I used breathing techniques to pass.I took a polygraph the very next day for another police department and passed.This administrator had 25 years experience,so I think if I was using a breathing technique he would have picked up on it.As for the NYPD ers who were do nothings applying here,I agree they shouldnt work here,but I was very active and thats how I injured myself.So because of this anti-new yorker I cannot work for the PBSO.
    I lost track on this topic,I just had to vent,sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast