Contract News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contract News

Contract News

The executive board met today and discussed what we will be asking for during our upcoming negotiations with the city. To prevent rumors from surfacing, (and town hall getting a heads up) we will be asking for a raise but will not discuss the percentage at this point. We will also be working on the wording on the present contract with some new additions benefiting us as a whole. In the next week we ask that any member concerned with language changes on the present contract that will benefit, please bring it to the attention to one of the board members. We would like to submit our first proposal to town hall by the end of next week. Once the proposal is submitted I will update this board for all to see.

TSD

Good luck. Read the paper today. We are not going to get a thing. Look around, the city does not have the money to give us a fair raise (5-5-5). We will be lucky to get 2-2-2. I hope for us, you can pull it off. Then YOU may get what YOU are looking for.

judging by your statement YOU are one of the few members who responded to our survey...and YOU are always at the meetings in support...and you were visible on election day ..and you seem to assume that biased articles in newspapers are the final word on county/state wide contracts ...well check back later and if its what you suggest i will gladly apologize to YOU

what story in what paper? and why are we negative and it aint hapenend yet?

I hope and pray J.S. stays another term after this one (this includes the VP and Tres) as Pres., because the future of our Union (exc Board) is in sad shape. The few left do not represent the silent majority. I hope all will see this and want to get involved and turn this into a STRONG FOP Union, Not one divided by "hidden agenda" leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 2
    I hope and pray J.S. stays another term after this one (this includes the VP and Tres) as Pres., because the future of our Union (exc Board) is in sad shape. The few left do not represent the silent majority. I hope all will see this and want to get involved and turn this into a STRONG FOP Union, Not one divided by "hidden agenda" leadership.
    Amen, brother.

Thank you.....

Hidden agenda??

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 2
    I take exception to the comment of "hidden agenda". If you are going to make an accusation of a hidden agenda by the current board, please give examples to back up your assertion. We have been pleading with the membership to start attending more meetings to have their voices heard. I feel that there hasn't been this much transparency in the union for a long time. Most I have spoken to have no problems with our "agenda". Obviously you haven't attended a meeting for some time to feel the way you do. Had you been in attendance, you would see that we are very open in our discussions and welcome any suggestions from the floor. Since this is an anonymous posting, I will take your comments with a grain of salt. I would ask for you suggestions as to how we can be more open to the membership. As for the silent majority, it is pretty sad that only 28 of 172 members turned their contract surveys back in.

TSD

maybe it is you........ :wink:

Hey, Hialeah just hired 34 more. Now thats one way to save on costs. Just think of all the academy tuition Davie could save, I mean hell man, you already got 3/4 of them anyway. I also hear that most of them speak english, and are not all Cuban.
    That oughta get you your 5-5-5..... YA THINK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast