What's with the traffic unit ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Not the members fault

I agree that some of the traffic officers would be willing to take the calls. Look at all the supervisors in the traffic division. Do i need to say more. blame them.....

traffic unit

This always seem to be a problem in any department. Becuase a few people get to be on a unit that the higher ups deem to be important to the community, and in which they don't work calls, everyone hates them. I'm surprised at how some of the same people who had said the same bad things about these units are now a part of these units. Funny how things are different when you are in the unit.

Re: Traffic the Joke

Quote Originally Posted by Road Cop
    Estr@d@ is famous for running code to all the calls and never willing to assist beyond that. Get real all you cry babies...
    1st of all I have no problem posting my name and I dont hide behind some false screen name like guest, or as you call yourself, RoadCop, (a real cop would stand up and say things to the persons face no matter what the consequences would be, but then again I don't think you are a real roadcop!)

If you read your manual about responding to emergency calls for service, it says that if you are in an area of a priority call, you are to respond to the scene. Also if a traffic unit responds as back up, it frees up a zone unit to handle another call for service that is waiting to be handled. You must never been on a call with me as I always ask "What can I help you with." I am a team player along with the other unit members and if anyone needs help and we are not on other missions that are assigned to us, we help out. When a district is short, the watch commander sends us to that district and assist wtih calls and help out. But all that you see is that we do not work crashes. Dfc Williams, myself, Cpl Burke, and other unit members worked several crashes. If you were smart, you would want to work the crashes as they are the easiest calls to work.

Also you must be a rookie and running your mouth about things you must have no experience about. The next time you or anyone else that would like to know what the traffic unit does, and see me or anyother member of the traffic unit in the hallway, feel free to stop anyone of us and we can have a discussion about it (unless you are scared and a coward) and any other different views you might have about the unit and what we do. Our unit members will be more than willing to answer your questions and put your concerns at ease. As to me responding code, the traffic unit is not a primary unit for calls for service, I normaly go as back up as there is no one else going to back you or anyone else up for that matter.

But remember the next time you need a cover unit rethink your ideas as I will still back you up even though I don't agree with you at all.

Traffic Unit

I back up what Estrada has just told you. He and the rest of the Traffic Unit do more than just traffci stops. They assist on search warrants, perimeters for missing persons, calls for service when needed, and any other function they are asked to complete.

noone cares for the traffic unit and thats the bottom line. Even supervisors bad mouth the unit to us all the time.

I think the traffic unit should be shut down and incorporate them back into each Dist. to handle Sig 4 and other traffic related needs a needed.

It's amazing you look back over the past 10 yrs you have the same amount dep. per squad as you did 10 yrs ago. and 3x the call volume.

It sounds to me that you need to stop *****in and do your job

get over it!

The ones who say that they are over worked kill me. When I started 13 years ago we had to hand write everything. If we went to an alarm we had to write a report on it. If you helped a DAV you had to write a report.
    Quit your whinning about other units and be thankful you have a job.

You are right about the same amount of people in the street, however you fail to look at the new reporting system that is now on line. You should be happy that you do not have to write a report on every call, just crimes. 2nd you got into this job knowing what it requires in doing the job, report writing is the most important and time consuming part of it, and you are complaining?????

You were not here when you had to write on 5 part forms and the Sarg would not let you use white out and you messed up. You had to start over. If the Sarg did not like your report, and you were lucky you could just do minor corrections. There was one Sarg who had a big red "Bullshit!" stamp and if he did not like it, he would stamp the middle of your report and make you redo it. And would not give you comp time and you screwed up by not completing your job with enough time given to you.

And you think it is worth *****ing today, Shut Up and do your job or just quit and find a job doing as little as you do with the amount of pay you are making!!!! :!:

Crouch Rockets

Please Please stop and write every fool zooming in and out of traffic popping wheelies on 41 on those crouch rockets. These fools are dangerous. How do they get away with this junk. But yet I always see LEO everyday on Vetrans where the speed limit needs to be 55. Start doing something worth while and slow these fools down or get them off the road before they kill themselves or somebody else. Wake up CCSO. :x :!:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast