Did you see the new daily sheet

Did you see the new daily sheet

OK... Did anyone see the new daily log that we will have to fill out soon? We have to account for every second on the road, mileage, case numbers, etc... Micromanage is not the word. I am suprised we are allowed to take our firearms home. What next?

Damn, thats ridiculous. Soon yall are going to have to ask to go to the bathroom. :lol:

yea I heard the same thing. Man moral is really taking a crap if this daily log crap goes through

Well other agencies have them so it was only a matter of time before FLPD follow. I worked for an agency that had daily logs and monthly logs & you get used to them after a while. The only thing is that some shift supervisors want them before the end of the shift with no delay while others don’t care just as long as they get them in a timely manner. I see that your city manager wants a little more control over his officers, tuff luck…….

Re: Did you see the new daily sheet

Quote Originally Posted by What Next!
    OK... Did anyone see the new daily log that we will have to fill out soon? We have to account for every second on the road, mileage, case numbers, etc... Micromanage is not the word. I am suprised we are allowed to take our firearms home. What next?
    Most departments have been doing this for over 50 years. Big deal.

Yeah but most agencies won't compare AVL's to your daily log to try and jam you up! And I have seen daily logs from other agencies and they are no way near as detailed as these.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yeah but most agencies won't compare AVL's to your daily log to try and jam you up! And I have seen daily logs from other agencies and they are no way near as detailed as these.
    OK, so where do you think this is heading?? I mean FLPD is a pretty old agency & this should have been implemented a long time ago. I think time is catching up to you guys and there’s no way out.

I hope this new policy will disappear as soon Assistance Chief Anderson retries>

This should have been implemented a long time ago?! Why? Who on the planet has suffered dearly because our officers at FLPD have not been forced to do a daily log sheet?

Did you know that our officers already do a monthly report, have a satellite tracker (AVL) that follows their every move throughout the shift, plus a CAD that additionally tracks their productivity via communications, computers, and software?

What purpose do think these additional logs will serve? And by the way, study some leadership material...micromanagement has not been a historic motivating leadership style, or anymore productive for that matter.

REMEMBER...THESE ARE FREAKING POLICE OFFICERS WHO ARE FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINES, MAN!!!!!!!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by WOW
    This should have been implemented a long time ago?! Why? Who on the planet has suffered dearly because our officers at FLPD have not been forced to do a daily log sheet?

Did you know that our officers already do a monthly report, have a satellite tracker (AVL) that follows their every move throughout the shift, plus a CAD that additionally tracks their productivity via communications, computers, and software?

What purpose do think these additional logs will serve? And by the way, study some leadership material...micromanagement has not been a historic motivating leadership style, or anymore productive for that matter.

REMEMBER...THESE ARE FREAKING POLICE OFFICERS WHO ARE FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINES, MAN!!!!!!!
    planting dope, dating C I's, Keeping stolen money, nice rolex there pimp, supervisors dating employee's, ......... front lines ...... slap yourself and wake up little comic book hero.