More Political Favors

More Political Favors

Drunk vs. Drunk investigated by one who needs a political favor. Recuse yourself Col. Steube.

Businessman says mayor attacked him
    STAFF REPORT

BRADENTON -- A local businessman is accusing Mayor Wayne Poston of cursing at and pushing him Friday at a restaurant.

Dan E. Molter, president of Molter Termite & Pest Control, wrote a letter this week to the Bradenton Police Department that outlines the allegation.

Police Chief Michael Radzilowski declined to comment on the complaint, which comes just days after Poston and his longtime rival, former mayor Bill Evers, opened campaign accounts for this year's election.

Molter said in his letter that Poston approached him and his friends Friday night at Lee Roy Selmon's steak house, 6500 block Cortez Road W.

According to Molter's account, Poston reportedly questioned why Molter was supporting Evers, cursed him and pushed him.

Poston did not return a call for comment Tuesday evening.

"I was very embarrassed by the incident, and I did not want to be involved in any further harassment or verbal assaults from Mayor Poston," Molter said in his letter.

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office will look into the complaint to determine whether a misdemeanor battery charge should be filed. Authorities will then ask the State Attorney's Office to review the case, Col. Brad Steube said.

It was the right thing to do--ie BPD to ask MSO to look at this for an impartial review.

MSO knows both players but beholding to neither. Steube is an honest guy and besides this way nothing gets hidden.

The BPD Chief did exactly what a professional Chief should do--go to the outside with something like this.

I for one have no doubt the MSO will do whatever is necessary to find the truth.

No they only dig hard and create facts if it involves a Deputy.

Let's see how this pays out. Poston and Steube are tight! I think Poston pledged his loyalty to Steube with GOV.Crist. Interesting.

Molter and Wells are tight. So does that mean you won't do the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by yeah and
    Molter and Wells are tight. So does that mean you won't do the right thing?
    Way wrong on count one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gime me a break
    It was the right thing to do--ie BPD to ask MSO to look at this for an impartial review.

MSO knows both players but beholding to neither. Steube is an honest guy and besides this way nothing gets hidden.

The BPD Chief did exactly what a professional Chief should do--go to the outside with something like this.

I for one have no doubt the MSO will do whatever is necessary to find the truth.
    What you don't know won't hurt you? Would you think differently if you knew the mayor was plugging Col. Steube in a private meeting with the Guv. this week?

Like I said, Steube and Poston are tight. Wells will be gone and won't have to worry about this stuff anymore. Poston did or will meet with Crist this week for Steube. It will be interesting to watch how this one plays out. Seems like some kind of favor to me. :lol:

If you all know Steube, he will play it by the book and let the SOA review it.

MAYOR VS BUSINESSMAN

I know both men.Red was way out of line let me ask you fellow boys in blue what would happen to you if you did what W.P did?First you would be put under the bus no matter what color shirt you wear.You would get some time off surely.So what do we do to a high profile politician who was intoxicated and comitted a battery, simple misdemeanor.Can you suspend a Mayor without pay?The other party D.MOLTER didnt file criminal charges just a report of incident.The sad thing is nothing will come of this incedent but it would have a different outcome if they were a cop so sad we are held to higher standards than the people who run the city or county.