BURGLARIES - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BURGLARIES

who cares about burglaries at the pd... theyre to busy with light duty -if your special they let you stay home during hurricanes or you can go to the db ....or hang out all day kissing ass while others get stuck at the front desk.... where any dirtbag can come in and start trouble. whos gonna come to their aid? records? property? our 120k car valet?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby
    You can get run over and killed doing this job.

You can get infected with deadly diseases doing this job.

You can get shot, stabbed, generally messed up doing this job.

All of these things are examples of what might happen to you while doing this job.

However, one thing you can count on. Without a shadow of a doubt. YOU WILL be disciplined if you wear a military ring on your finger.
    As if any of you have been shot at or almost run over while avoiding work at a gas station out west...that's good humor.

[quote=Jerico the Clown]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Clayton Bigsby":3pqdymup

All of these things are examples of what might happen to you while doing this job.

However, one thing you can count on. Without a shadow of a doubt. YOU WILL be disciplined if you wear a military ring on your finger.
    As if any of you have been shot at or almost run over while avoiding work at a gas station out west...that's good humor.[/quote:3pqdymup]

How many times has that gas station out west been robbed? My guess is gonna be never.

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerico the Clown
    Quote Originally Posted by "Clayton Bigsby":tfk6x6p5

As if any of you have been shot at or almost run over while avoiding work at a gas station out west...that's good humor.
    How many times has that gas station out west been robbed? My guess is gonna be never.[/quote:tfk6x6p5]

My guess is that it'll probably be robbed while you're sitting in there...and the guys will no doubt get away.

Rook that's nothing but a big know it all

C'mon Jerico the clown. We know who you really are. I can smell a rifle toting ferret from a mile away.

I am a Forest Ridge resident. Two of my neighbors told me that residential burglaries have gone up significantly in my development in the past 2 -3 months. I spoke with an officer at the Shell gas station near University Drive and SW 30th Street. He told me that my community and the surrounding areas have been getting hit hard by burglars during weekdays between 10AM - 3PM. He said two people were arrested that had been committing burglaries there but that was just by luck. He also said that other burglaries have occurred since then.

When I asked him what the Davie Police Department was doing about this crime trend he flat out said, " nothing. " He said that he and his zone partners circulate the area but that no specialized units have been assigned to catch these criminals. I asked him why burglary detectives haven't been assigned to catch these people. He told me that Davie only has about 12 active detectives to follow up crimes for the entire city.

I find that very hard to believe. Is what this officer told me true? Is Davie really that understaffed that they can't handle something like this?

Forest Ridge resident,

Maybe the question should be why the Davie Officer was in the gas station and not in Forest Ridge if their are burglaries happening. My guess is that he was stuffing his face with free doughnuts and not patrolling like he should have been.

If the Davie Officers want to be taken seriously they should stop crying about their Chief and City Council and start acting like professional Law Enforcement Officers. It appears that we might be asking too much for them to go out and do their job for the 100k their making a year.

the gas station mentioned in an earlier post is not in the same assigned zone as forest ridge....that officer can usually be found at our station taking reports all day and night, not patrolling f ridge. as for eating doughnuts come by the station any morning with a box of munchkins and wait for the sirens it wont take long

Check how many arrests, tickets and reports Davie makes per year. I doubt all of those stats come from the inside of a gas station. You judge over 100 officers by the actions of a few slugs.[/b]

You call those arrests. I call them trumped up BS so you can get court OT.

No it is true, we have the smallest number of detectives in relationship to total manpower in the county. We have 12 active detectives with two assigned to each of the following: sex/child/elderly crimes, robbery/assault/battery/gang, homicide/death/missing persons, thefts, burglary, fraud.white collar.

The average case load is 10-40 cases assigned each month plus being on call every other week.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast