BURGLARIES - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BURGLARIES

Enough is enough, I will be moving to Pines

Pines is good. I know of at least one officer there that has a rifle.

good luck in pines.

NO RIFLES

yea, and watch for flying hair glue.

PINES IS A GOOD PLACE TO MOVE TO THEY HAVE SOMETHING DAVIE DOESN'T HAVE- THE FERRET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

walking beat

since i be unemployed, i will walk beat in this area and keep it cat free !

As for the issues about lack of officers patroling residential areas in 22 zone, again we know most of the zone cars time is spent 10-19. It seems like someone would come up with a solution by now of adjusting PSA hours and enabling the front desk to be manned by someone especially during the busiest shift in the afternoon, or even to try using the officers that have been placed on light duty...how about keeping them on their schedules and having them handle calls at the PD. Why is it that no matter your shift, if you get placed on light duty you can only work during the day? Also if you're at the front desk why can you not handle a report and answer the phones ...why does it have to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Fabre
    As for the issues about lack of officers patroling residential areas in 22 zone, again we know most of the zone cars time is spent 10-19. It seems like someone would come up with a solution by now of adjusting PSA hours and enabling the front desk to be manned by someone especially during the busiest shift in the afternoon, or even to try using the officers that have been placed on light duty...how about keeping them on their schedules and having them handle calls at the PD. Why is it that no matter your shift, if you get placed on light duty you can only work during the day? Also if you're at the front desk why can you not handle a report and answer the phones ...why does it have to be one or the other.
    Well, my brother...

Your ideas will fall on deaf ears. Anything that makes any bit of sense has never and will never happen in this place. Five days a week three people during the day sit at the front desk. None of them are sworn and none of them are PSA's. They answer telephones and have the complainants take a seat while they put a call in through dispatch so an officer can drive to the station and tell these people that their crime did not occur in our city. During the weekend people wishing to speak to an officer at the PD are greeted by a locked door. However, they do get to ring a door bell and speak to a black box. If they're lucky an officer may arrive within 30 minutes while they get to sit outside. I'm still trying to figure out why calls at the station over the weekend die down when it rains.

City of Hollywood does VIN verifications only one day of the week. Why do they do this? Because it makes sense.

No other police department in Broward County has a sworn police officer that's sole job is to do faulty wiring in their police cars and also gets 10 hours of overtime per week to do this. Why don't they do that? Because it makes sense to have a PROFESSIONAL company do this for a fraction of the cost and 4 times faster. Some days there are two sworn police officers working 10 hours of overtime per week doing these tasks.

Let's add this up shall we ?

Let's say their base hourly rate is $35 per hour. So, that would make their overtime rate $52.50 per hour. $52.50 per hour for 10 hours = $525 x's 2 officers = $1,050 to wire up MAYBE 2 cars. Wow, this is sound leadership at its best. That makes perfect sense. Its this type of inequality and favoritism that has lead so many to stop caring and give this agency 1% effort 100% of the time.

Maybe the city would pull a Sunrise and give the chief the boot.

You can get run over and killed doing this job.

You can get infected with deadly diseases doing this job.

You can get shot, stabbed, generally messed up doing this job.

All of these things are examples of what might happen to you while doing this job.

However, one thing you can count on. Without a shadow of a doubt. YOU WILL be disciplined if you wear a military ring on your finger.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast