What to put on dream sheet - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Great info.....much appreciated Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. FTO
    CuriousGeorge,

Are you the same clown that posts on Collier's forums?
    Nope, not the same clown. But thanks to the guest who gave the panhandle advice. Any specific counties/stations in the panhandle that are a really good deal?

One more thing....I forgot to mention in my initial post, but I would like an area that has a good working relationship with the Sheriff's dept. (i.e. working DUI wolf packs together, speed enforcement details, etc. etc.)
    Anywhere from Crestview to Tallahassee is good.
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. Troop A Crestview District, Marianna District or Panama City District. Troop H Tallahassee isnt bad or the Lake City District. The area between there and Jacksonville would not be too bad either, not sure of the districts. The bigger cities are where its busy.

Unregistered
    Do they still do Dream Sheets or are assignments given prior to accepting the position?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do they still do Dream Sheets or are assignments given prior to accepting the position?
    They still allow you to give a wish list but you now know where you will be going before you accept a position.

Unregistered
    Troop B Gainesville or Troop C Brooksville are good choices.

Unregistered
    Troop e or troop l
    Both busy but you’ll get experience with everything. Drugs, shootings, chases, ID theft, credit card frauds, dui, domestics, warrants, etc.

Unregistered

Times changed now

FHP is shifting away from its practice of general assignment statewide toward an emphasis on recruiting, hiring and - when possible – allowing new troopers to work in their local area.

http://wuwf.org/post/fhp-recruiting-...-need-troopers

This agency is so desperate for manpower because every year, troopers are leaving in droves for higher pay.

Unregistered

Best Place to Work

Quote Originally Posted by ;1041222
    To all those out there who are already troopers, I need some advice as to what troops I should put on my dream sheet once I get to the academy. I would like to go to an area where I am allowed to be proactive and not be bogged down with wrecks all of the time (i.e. NOT Orlando). Also, an area in Florida with reasonable housing prices would also be nice.

I'm not from Florida, so i'm really not partial to any particular area. So basically, if you were a recruit in the academy today, what would YOU put on your dream sheet? Thanks for any advice.
    Troop C Brooksville more specifically Hernando, Citrus or Sumter County. You not get bogged down with crashes and you will have time to play. Also, there is great supervision. Good luck!!!!

Unregistered
    Usually anywhere in Troop H panhandle

Unregistered
    Miami... MLK day is a blast, and shouldn't be missed..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1041222
    To all those out there who are already troopers, I need some advice as to what troops I should put on my dream sheet once I get to the academy. I would like to go to an area where I am allowed to be proactive and not be bogged down with wrecks all of the time (i.e. NOT Orlando). Also, an area in Florida with reasonable housing prices would also be nice.

I'm not from Florida, so i'm really not partial to any particular area. So basically, if you were a recruit in the academy today, what would YOU put on your dream sheet? Thanks for any advice.
    The best way to get what you want is to fly to Fantasy Island or stay out of the FHP altogether. You have applid at the wrong agency, and are probably not even going to like Florida unless you hit the lottery and can avoid 90% of it. This has become a third world country and if you don't have a damn good job lined up you're going to sink fast. Our population is out of control and most of the people moving here made good money somewhere else and can outbid you for housing, taxes, food, and everything else. You aren't going to enjoy Wal Mart wages and sky-high expenses, but you had better prepare for just that. "We pay you in sunshine".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast