RENT-A COPS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RENT-A COPS

Quote Originally Posted by guest1222
    The officer refused to move.He knew TIA policy,so he got the ticket.If the public must complie he must also.Why should LEO get special treatment.Its not fair to the public.

Then please do not badge me the next time I pull you over for speeding or any other traffic infraction. Just get me your license, registration, and insurance card, all of which you better have, or a second, third or fourth citation WILL be issued. I guess rent-a-cops (all TIAPD traffic and losers inside) do not fall in the courtesy rule. More blue copies for me I guess.

The PC was not given by a guy from traffic who is not a sworn LEO and had no experience in police work. There was never an issue with a TIA officer not given PC, the TIA officers do not enforce parking.

I cringed when I read the post from the HCSO board becuase I had a similar incident. In my case they actually called the TIA "officers". I was ther with another officer from my agency and I really could believe the rude teatment given to my friend and I. To top it off one of the officers threatened to arrest my friends wife for disorderly conduct (for supposedly swerving towards a traffic person), which made us laugh (he had no probable cause or evidence that it occured or was intentional, which it most certianly wasn't). I feel bad for some of the officers there for having to put up with all the B.S. I will continue to treat them with respect and give the the P.C. that they deserve regardless of that situation.

You LEO's are commenting on something you know nothing about.Find out the whole story before you comment.Yes traffic gave a LEO a ticket.But the LEO did not wish to follow TIA parking policy.Why do you guys think you can do what ever you want.If you losers have a problem with tia policy then you need to send your comments to the director of the airport.Thats who made the policy and put it in effect,not the traffic division.Traffics job is to enforce that policy,if they don't do it they will be fired.Just like if a LEO watches some one commit a crime and does nothing about it,just lets the guy go.I am sure that officer would get some kind of disciplinary action or be fired.So why dont you assholes that think you are above the law know the farcts before you comment.

Re: RENT-A COPS

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Tampa Tribune 03-21-07...Hernando County Deputy receives a verbal repremand for calling TIAPD officer a "rent -a cop" after receiving a parking ticket...You gotta be kidding me!!!! Question 1. Why did we give a deputy a parking ticket in the first place???? Question 2. Whos feelings got hurt??? OK, I already know the come backs.."well the guy was jerk and deserved it"..OK but just remember, nobody's 100 percent right all the time, and when that FHP,HCSO, TPD...and so on..officer pulls over one of TIAPD 's "finest", chief, a/c and others included, for a minor traffic violation, don't be expecting any breaks. Because of nonsense like this, TIAPD is still a joke in "the real world". I'm not saying what the deputy said was right or defending his actions, however why not just "do the right thing" on our part as a gesture of good will to other cops and send the guy on his way. I mean it's a PARKING TICKET for God sakes, is it really worth it !!! All I can say now is whoever got their feelings hurt better stay at the airport, cause in the real world if all they called me was "rent-a-cop", I'd get a warm and fuzzy and probably invite the guy over beers!! SOOOO.. now the deputy gets a "hey man, play nice", and TIAPD gets laughed at (AGAIN)...NICE!!!
    You shouldn't have parked where you were not suppose to park. Haha

Re: RENT-A COPS

Wow, I thought our airport had issues.

At our airport, officers know not to park curbside unless on an actual emergency. Passengers are not allowed to park there, so why should officers ? (for non emergency that is). It looks horrible to tell a passenger to move and then allow a squad to park there just to pick up some admin person. Get over it and park where everyone else does. Admin needs the exercise anyway

Our officers know this and don't park there just because of that and the mutal respect we have for one another in the sense they don't want to be put in this type of situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123