DST's - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DST's

That last statement is like saying, "I'm not an engineer, but there is no reason the Twin Towers should have fallen". Instead of coming here with wild, uneducated accusations, how about becoming informed.

Ok let's get this part straight. I did work the road for a while and now I don't. I went through FTO like everyone else. The FTO's are supposed to help the new people. Getting rid of somebody isn't helping them. The FTO must think that's ok to fire someone at will. Corey needed his help and he didn't get it. Don't think because I don't work the road I don't know what I'm talking about. :evil:

If I am so uniformed, why don't you "inform" me on what happened? I think if somebody didn't live up to that FTO's "standards" they don't have a chance. Enlighten me.

why not just walk up to one of the fto's and ask first without jumping to conclusions? or the lt in charge of the fto program? sounds like someone is mad because they are clinging to a preconceived notion that has not been substantiated by facts. i am sure that any of the recent dst's will attest that our fto program is fair, even those who did not make it through.

Madder,

So what you are saying is, you USE to work the road, as in, you couldnt cut it either, and are now mad that your friend didnt make it?

Should the SO keep everybody who applies, even if they are not capable of performing? That is a danger to the public and the staff. He has every chance to improve, and was only terminated when he showed no hope of doing so. it is not in the best interest of the department to fail everybody...by the time they even get to the FTO program, the SO has spent thousands of dollars on them.

He didnt make it, but he has only himself to look to for why. Not everybody is good at this job, and the FTO program is designed to identify those people and remove them. It is not hte academy...it is not to build confidence or a foundation...it is to create a self-sufficient officer, and that was just not going to happen with Corey.

Whatever.

That is not the point Corey knew how to do his job. I know several officers that aren't self sufficient but they made it. I keep hearing about the one in Pace that can't go to the bathroom without asking his supervisor how to do it. He was a trainee of the same FTO that booted Corey. Why did &$ make it and Corey did not?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123