Running for Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

running for sheriff

Nice New Blood on your comments. I am telling you the gut that has the Sheriff shaking in his shoes is the LT from Hillsborough that is very well known in the Pasco county Area. The sheriff has never been lable as real law enforcement person because he was paper pushing kiddy cop. The LT from Hillsborough has risen up through the ranks and is a BIG TROOP MAN. This Guy will go out jump calls if he is near by or not instead of running the other way. I was in the process of going back to Hillsborough, but I was told to stay put here with BEER CAN BOB until ELECTIONS. Pay Attention guys BEER CAN is drinking alot more NOW that he is going to have a REAL COP or COPS to contest his seat..... Remember all the NERDS that Uncle Bob brought with him from AB&T that were never REAL COPS any day of there life. WE SUFFERED BIG TIME. Time for A change we deserve better and families too.

Yakuza

Forgive me for missing the "a" while typing late last night. It seems as though you may have adopted the same condescending nature of the current Sheriff towards others. I am simply attempting to poll a small group of people whom I respect to see if they had issue with a "civilian" running for Sheriff.
    I am not using this forum for establishing a platform, however, I find myself "sagacious" enough not to post "proof" or the basis for my claims. Rather than expose any weaknesses that would provide ammunition for those I may run against. I plan on hosting in-person forums when the decision has been made. As far as building a reputation and not posting my name. I look back at 99% of the postings that have been made on this site, and I find no one posts their name. In addition, I stated earlier that this is a tremendous FAMILY commitment as well as decision and that I would divulge my name as soon as the time was appropriate. Rather than subject my family to any pressures until our decision has been made. I would hope that you could understand and honor that.
    My current reputation is solid. The reputation I will build will be one of action and support.
    Camaraderie is not simply shaking hands and getting along, it is much deeper than that, and from the sources I have spoken to it appears as though it is lacking. I think it would be naive to say that you all believe in your current administration and that you feel "taken care of". If that were the case, good officers would not be leaving and more thinking of following them. Camaraderie is also the act of good fellowship and support for one another. I think you may be taking the term in a literal personal sense, I am not saying you all do not get along. I just do not get the impression that there is a strong positive aura within the agency.
    There are many areas outside of day to day operations that fall under the mismanagement genre. I have stated that in my opinion, the supervisors and officers are the ones truly running the department and that is why we have a county where crime is not running rampant. The mismanagement I speak of will be revealed and I will explain and lay out a blueprint for how I would make suggestions for change.
    Your response seemed slightly argumentative and as if I offended you, which was not my intent if I did. However, I will defend MY intentions and not have the impression cast that I am trying to "build a reputation" or that I am building "an initial platform for My political goals". I have NO political goals other than attempting to support people I have respect for and appreciate the protection they provide for our families. I do not need to run for a political office, nor do I need to satisfy any desires for public celebrity. Unfortunately, the Sheriff's position has turned into a "political" position rather than what I believe it was decades ago, a position of guidance and support for the deputies.
    It appears as though you have taken a negative stance toward me chatting with others on this site. As I stated earlier, if that offended anyone I would not continue to use the site.
    As far as previous replies:
    NO I have never been arrested or charged with ANY crime or infraction above a speeding ticket, my license is clean and so is my background. I am a family based person who has coached little league and pop warner football.
    I am about as real as a person can get. But I will never profess to being someone I am not. I simply felt the need to explore the possibility of utilizing my skill sets to help organize and improve a situation.
    I am doing this for the deputies and citizens of the community. I said earlier that if I were not the right candidate for this position that I would whole heartedly support ANY one that the deputies chose as THEIR candidate.

New Blood,

I am inspired to hear you speak that way. Please make the best decision for your family, which will hopefully benefit us as well. I look forward to additional postings from you in the future.

My bull shiznit meter is going off the readable scale.

Re: Yakuza

Quote Originally Posted by New Blood
    I think it would be naive to say that you all believe in your current administration and that you feel "taken care of". If that were the case, good officers would not be leaving and more thinking of following them.
    Again, where are you receiving this information? You shouldn’t presume your disgruntled neighbor’s opinion of the job is the sentiments of all law enforcement professionals here at Pasco. Contrary to what you may believe, there is no such thing as a Nirvanic place of employment......anywhere.
    What makes a professional a successful professional is the ability to adapt and continue doing what they love.

And as far as those “good officers” who are leaving…I respect that. At least they’re not sitting around defending their inability to adapt as poor mismanagement when complaining to their neighbors.

I plan on hosting in-person forums when the decision has been made.
    And regarding the “in-person forums”, that idea is as effective as posting an internet petition to bring back another season of Star Trek. …this is the wrong venue for that.

Rather than expose any weaknesses that would provide ammunition for those I may run against.
    With the utmost reverence, based on your lengthy response………you’ve already done just that.

Just a comment....

I usually read my own agency's posts but they are so negative most of the time I thought I would check out another agency's site and comments.

It is comforting to see that your agency's posts are as negative and miserable as my own agency's. The only difference is that everyone on my site pledges undying allegiance to our fairly new sheriff - but then they proceed to be nasty and negative to each other in almost every posting, except in the ones where they talk about the "brotherhood." Go figure!

Yakuza,

Thanks for sharing your beliefs of the world, and the agency in particular. It is wonderful to see that you have your finger on the pulse of the agency. However, you must work in the admin building if you really are of the opinion that there is no real morale problem at the SO. While technically all members may not feel this way, if you truly believe the majority do not, then you need to re-examine it is from where you get your information.

As far as the "in-person" forums, were you a fan of this when BW did it when he ran for Sheriff? How about when he got elected? How about when he was giving his "I hate Unions speech?"

It seems by your postings, you are obviously a FOB (Friend of Bob) and will do nothing other than to minimize the damage he has already inflicted on this once proud agency by placing blame on others, including those that vent here when they are not allowed to vent anywhere else out of fear of being labeled by someone as connected as you are.

Have a wonderful night, sir.

New Blood,
    Why don't you solicite to speak at the FOP lodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yakuza,

....you must work in the admin building if you really are of the opinion that there is no real morale problem at the SO. While technically all members may not feel this way, if you truly believe the majority do not, then you need to re-examine it is from where you get your information.

.....It seems by your postings, you are obviously a FOB (Friend of Bob) and will do nothing other than to minimize the damage he has already inflicted on this once proud agency by placing blame on others, including those that vent here when they are not allowed to vent anywhere else out of fear of being labeled by someone as connected as you are.

Have a wonderful night, sir.
    Sorry chuckle patch…you’re way off about me.
    First off, I don’t work in the admin building….I actually work on the road with many other deputies. I don’t know which squad you’ve worked for, however, the squads I’ve been apart of have all got along with one another (the original discussion was over the amount of camaraderie among the troops).

Now of course, if you’re one of those guys who always jump on back-up calls, traffic accidents, and noise complaints to avoid real calls, thus, exposing your horrific deficiency in grammatical structure within you reports…then I could understand why you feel there is a morale problem (I guess you've been blackballed by others you work with, so I can see how you could misconstrue this as a morale problem).

Hey, not everyone dispositions their calls with, “Uh, Pasco, this call is unfounded….show me 98 other action….Oh look, a citizen assist, send me that call.”

And second…..FOB?!? That actually was funny! To tell ya’ the truth, I’ve only met the Sheriff one time, so I can’t comment on him personally as many have. I’m just proud to be a cop working alongside some of the greatest cops I’ve ever been affiliated with. I don't need to b*tch, I just adapt and keep doing what I do.

So, until David Hasselhoff puts out another album, I’ll catch ya backing me up on a loose cow call (thanks for making my job safer)

.................................................. .................................................. .

Seems your true colors are showing, twinkle toes. So you think you are the hard working deputy and others never pull their weight. How funny it is. Actually how sad, that you think you are the hardest working deputy, stuck with others who dodge calls.

First you work with super-cops who work well together. Then you are teh one handling calls while less moitivated co-workers dodge them.

You are all over the board, just like Bob White.

Anyway, be careful. Your true feelings about the place you work at and the peopel you work with are bleeding through that poorly constructed facade you hide behind.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast