Running for Sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Come on now, don't just tease us and leave. We really need help. If you are sincere and need help, ask. I am sure you will have at least 500 volunteers to assist if you just ask!

Tease

This is a very serious situation and I am not in the teasing business. I am actively putting feelers out to see what my family and some respected members of the department think and what their response is. I have the utmost respect for what the officers of this county do, yet I am not a law enforcement officer myself. I believe that should not matter, what matters is putting someone in the position who will support the officers and provide them with the tools to be successful and SAFE. After spending 25 years protecting the lives of others and putting their own lives at risk on a daily basis, the LEAST they should receive is insurance in their retirement years. I believe I can be a Sheriff, not a politician. I am investigating the needs and requirements of the position to ensure if I were to run, and were priviledged enough to serve the officers of this county, that I could properly live up to their needs.

OK, so how can we help get you the answers and information you need in order to make a serious, concerted, and victorious run for office?

New Blood,
    Just read the posts and you can see what our concerns and needs are.......of course, what's best for your family is primary and you have to consider their needs ahead of everything.
    How soon before you will be able to make your decision on what to do? Cause the election clock is ticking?

Maybe post a informal survey here on the site as a sort of exploratory committee.....

Response

FLDEPUTY,
    I have been reading the posts and watching the papers for months and I also know seceral deputies very closely and have listened to many of the travesties that Pasco's deputies are working under. Inadequate radios, cars, equipment, policies, benefits, insurance, etc. My decision will be soon and at that time I think it best to organize a meeting with interested parties to discuss a game plan. I would welcome more input through this posting from anyone who sees things that need to be addressed. My concern is that many times in an election the incumbant has too much of an upper hand because they have all of the inside information and can hide alot of mismanaged issues simply because the new candidate does not have the inside line. If I am to run, this will be a group effort and I will serve as the deputies' sheriff, not vice versa.

Can you advise if you are currently in law enforcement in Pinellas and what your background is. At least give us that.

Response

I am apprehensive about putting my name out there right now. But here is what I will tell you. I am not in law enforcement and I am a Pasco County resident. I have family in law emforcement and have very close friends in law enforcement right here in Pasco County. I have a military background and extensive experience running multi-million dollar departments within various companies. I have experience bringing companies out of the ashes and turning them into profitable efficient businesses. Being that I have such close ties to this agency, I have listened to many state the issues that you all must deal with and I feel as though there is a significant degree of mismanagement and ZERO comraderie within this agency. It is my oppinion that the Sheriff is not the one who runs the agency, it is all of you who run the agency, and what you all need is someone who will champion your needs and respresent you effectively. My goal would be to address the issues, correct injustices and return the pride into the agency. There is a reason why our county has lower crime rates then others, I try to imagine how it could be if you all had the proper tools. I know that the first response from the current administration is that we are naive and the money is not there. But when you trim the fat, there is always meat left over. It is purely a numbers game, and there is no one more qualified to re-align a budget and direct resources to the areas where the need lies.
    I would simply be interested to see what the response would be from the deputies of this county towards a candidate with the above minimal description. If the response is positive, I will proceed. If there are issues that I am unaware of, I will welcome the feedback and support whatever candidate you choose to represent you. Being so closely tied through friends and family, I simply feel as though SOMEONE needs to step up and be concerned with the needs of the agency as well as the residents of the community rather than their own lofty political goals.

you

New Blood -

Have you ever been arrested?

Yes or No.

New Blood,

Please tell us you are for real. We have heard promises like this before, about six years ago as the most recent example.

Re: Response

Quote Originally Posted by New Blood
    Being that I have such close ties to this agency, I have listened to many state the issues that you all must deal with and I feel as though there is a significant degree of mismanagement and ZERO comraderie within this agency.
    With all due respect……maybe I’m somewhat ignorant to this term, however, what does “comraderie” mean? If you meant to say camaraderie, as an employee of the Sheriff’s Office, I haven’t experienced this “ZERO” level of comradeship among deputies you’ve spoken about. In fact, the majority of deputies I’ve seen get along with one another more than any other agency I’ve known.

However, if you DID NOT mean to say camaraderie….I apologize for my ignorance.

And as far as mismanagement goes…..I think our supervisors are doing an estimable job with managing the many diverse squads protecting this county (if you meant mismanagement on the administrative level, what proof do you have to back that claim…I'd love to know)

I think it’s great you plan to run for Sheriff and encourage it (competition is a good thing). Personally speaking though, I don’t think it’s sagacious to use this forum as an initial platform for your political goals.
    People don’t build a reputation by things they’re going to do; especially by not posting their name.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast