How is it?

Thread: How is it?

How is it?

I'm currently a Deputy in south Florida and looking to relocate to Virginia? I like Fairfax county PD, any other recommendations? Do FCPD offer take home cars and would I have to attend the academy again? Just looking for any advice. Thank you. Stay safe.

FCPD

FCPD is a good agency but it has it issues. The only take home cars that are issued are for detective and specialty units. That is also being restricted further because someone complained to the board of supervisors that they saw a cruiser 40 miles away. That brings me to the biggest issue about Fairfax Co. Unless youe independantly rich, you cannot live in the county. At least 80% of the cops live outside fairfax county. Some as far away as 60-70 miles. Traffic is horrible, for some, the commute can take at least 2 hours. The training is excellent and you will probably have to go through the academy again. Not because of the depts policies, its the state agency DCJS(certifying body for LE in VA). They rarely accept other state certifications. If you leave me your email address I can go more indept.

Re: FCPD

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    FCPD is a good agency but it has it issues. The only take home cars that are issued are for detective and specialty units. That is also being restricted further because someone complained to the board of supervisors that they saw a cruiser 40 miles away. That brings me to the biggest issue about Fairfax Co. Unless youe independantly rich, you cannot live in the county. At least 80% of the cops live outside fairfax county. Some as far away as 60-70 miles. Traffic is horrible, for some, the commute can take at least 2 hours. The training is excellent and you will probably have to go through the academy again. Not because of the depts policies, its the state agency DCJS(certifying body for LE in VA). They rarely accept other state certifications. If you leave me your email address I can go more indept.
    Thanks for the information. I would love to chat about this more so please E-mail me when you have a chance. HKPro430@hotmail.com. Thanks again.