FAQ's about CCSO Employment - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

IT WOULD BE NICE AND CONSISTANT IF "ALL" SERGEANTS PROMOTED WOULD AT LEAST TAKE AND PASS A TEST, THAT THE OUT OF COUNTY TAKE HOME CAR POLICY ADHERED TO "ALL" MEMBERS, AND I CAN THINK OF MANY MORE. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT HUMAN NATURE IS VERSED AND COMPLEX AND THAT EXCEPTIONS SHOULD BE TOLERATED, HOWEVER A CERTAIN LEVEL OF CONSISTANCY WOULD MAKE THINGS LESS FRUSTRATING AND HELP LOWER RESENTMENT IN OUR AGENCY.
    MAYBE THIS IS JUST THE NATURE OF THE BEAST!

Has anyone used the "open door policy"?

I did once a long time ago with the Undersheriff. This was several years ago and although the ultimate outcome of why I went there didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, the overall experience was good. He made me feel at home. Took his time with all of my questions and concerns helped me see a larger picture without trying to change my mind about anything and gave me encouragemnent that seemed to work because I'm still here and finally doing the job I wanted to do back then. I would recommend it. Whoever you talk to will probably give you the same respect and time ( several hours ) in their office and go over anything you want to discuss. It's a nice break from the day to day operations of whatever you do and the people you work with and you'll actually learn alot of what the "admin" folks are doing. I still look back on that day with appreciation. All you have to do is call and make an appointment. If you're going to go on duty time, give your supervisor a heads up. He or she can't deny or approve it but it's just good sense to let them know what's going on.

About three weeks ago I sent in my application to Collier for road patrol. I am LEO certified with a bachelors degree, and some road experience, not much though. I wondering two things. The first is since i am LEO certified will I be able to go right to the road? My second question is that since I have moved out of the state, I will have to come back to Naples to do all my testing in one week. How long after my testing is done do you guys offically hire the candidate? Thanks.

P.S. Also if someone could private message, I have another question I want to ask, but not out loud.

I sent a PM reference his question

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    I just saw this on another thread and thought it would be a great addition to our CCSO Employment thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYRlADFV ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB_-UVgW ... ed&search=

Mod 167

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Check out the new CCSO web site at:

www.colliersheriff.org

The agency did a very good job on the upgrades. It looks good and is easy to navigate through the site and find what you are looking for.

If anyone has any questions about employment with CCSO please feel free to ask them here on this forum or contact our Human Resources Department at:

OFFICE HOURS: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday

PHONE: 239.793.9212 or toll free at 1.877.670.jobs (5627)

FAX: 239.793.9181

E-MAIL: jobs@colliersheriff.org

ADDRESS: Collier County Sheriff’s Office
    Human Resources
    3301 Tamiami Trail E, Building J-1
    Naples, FL 34112

Mod 167

some questions

How much is top pay for Jail Deputy and how long to get there?
    I have both leo and co experience. I prefer the jail because it allows more family time for me. I know I would start out with 43 k due to my experience. I am Fl state certified in Corrections.

I was a 95C (army jailer). Will they hire me?

Well that would depend on how well you pass the polygraph, psych exam, background investigation, interview etc...

I guess if you pass the hiring process then you would be hired. The real question is would the agency give you credit or count your years in the military as prior experience. If the answer is yes then you would start out above starting pay.

How much is top pay for rank and years of service can only be answered by H.R. or finance. I forget what the actual numbers are.

Good luck and just apply, you have nothing to loose if your currently unemployed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast