Sheriff is a sore loser, BUT! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I dont have time to explain basic capital outlays and figures for you. If federal grants is where you think we get all this money from think again. One more thing federal grants are available to everybody so get to it. The average cost of 1 deputy ie meaning four total for one added position would probabley be 160,000.00 in salary and all the schools and training,,,,academy,F.T.O and additional lookin at 300.000.00 first tear. You got the money,,,,,,,,,

Thunder and Lightning,Go back to your mall security guard job and stop continuously showing everybody how stupid you are.You are not a deputy and you know absolutely nothing about the subject.

Hey Thunder

What is your point! Ok no surprise you don't have time to discuss Capital Outlays because you haven't a clue how the tax system works. 2nd...who cares if it costs $40,000 per officer what is your point.

Oh by the way, the figure is well over $100,000 per deputy / officer for each new position. You didn't take into consideration the cruiser and all the equipment that goes in it. Don't worry...I didn't.

Still waiting for your wisdom on the tax code.

Jeopardy music playing in the background.

Ok, ladies! Put your slide rules away! I'm jumping in this one!

Before I start, I'm going to update my PPPD knowledge. So, PPPD folks, please answer honestly, don't read into anything yet and don't claim some kind of homeland security tactical security B.S. to the following questions:

Are PPPD K9's still taking calls in addition to their actual responsibilities?

Is PPPD still sending 2 officers to all Sg30's?

Are PPPD officers still WRITING any of their reports?

Are those reports still about B.S. NO ONE will ever read and the only way out is to get permission from a supervisor?

Is it true the SWAT team is getting a donated ice cream truck for an additional tactical deployment vehicle? (OK, that one was a joke, sorry - but I really miss the old hand-me-down ambulance!)

Oh, and since this debate is going on on two boards simultaneously - the City of Seminole has between 3 and 4 deputies assigned to the City at any given time. They work traffic crashes and anything else a patrol officer in PP does. Seminole also has two City Traffic cars and two CPO's.

I'm not sure how many you think they should have with a population of 18,000 people, but you let us know what the magic number is supposed to be.

yes

ok, let me answer this stupidity..

k-9, handle there responsibilities always

yes, we send two officers to all sig 30's because it's safe

yes, we write some reports

our calls for service are no more B.S. than anything else anyone else gets. do you mean that the S.O. only gets super high priority calls all the time? lol..I have family in your comm center my friend, I know what kind of calls you get. How about this one, "Can you send a deputy over to my house while I"m on my boat? I think I left the stove on." and yes you sent a deputy.

there is no magic number as to how many officers you need at any time.. But I remember hearing this one fine night. "Can I take a call in Seminole? They are getting behind." Response, "They only have so many deputies in the contract, if they want another one, They'll pay for it."

Re: Hey Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Without the Cities...The Sheriff could not pay for all those toys that you guys so generously let us use. :roll:

Just remember deputy, each city resident pays county taxes also, that pays for the toys your agency has. Why shouldn't our residents have access to them as well. Without city resident tax dollars, you wouldn't have those toys either. Remember, most of the residents in this county live in a city. If you total all the city officers up in the county, we outnumber street deputies.

Sleep well tonight...The future of the Pinellas County Sheriff's office rests on the hope of consolidation of services. Every two weeks your patrol area shrinks while most of the cities get bigger every month. Who is the dying breed?

Don't worry deputy, we always have room for a traffic aide...Oh wait a minute...You may not know how to work a crash. Um....is MAIT working...
    Hmm, lets do the math:

Police Departments Gone:

#1 Dunedin
    #2 Safety Harbor
    #3 Oldsmar
    #4 Bellair Bluffs
    #5 Redington Beach
    #6 Indian Rocks Beach
    #7 Madeira Beach
    #8 Seminole
    #9 South Pasadena
    #10 Bellair Beach (new addition)

Police Departments on Chopping Block

#11 Treasure Island
    #12 Indian Shores
    #13 Kenneth City

Police Departments Leftover

#14 St. Petersburg (slowly dieing from internal strife and drug dealers)
    #15 Tarpon Springs (investigated by FDLE many times, he he)
    #16 Clearwater (Good Agency, Good Chief, too many scientologists)
    #17 Largo (doesnt know what its identity is, or Susan's )
    #18 St. Pete Beach (Tourist Police, rely on PCSO for real crime cases)
    #19 Gulfport (borderline chopping block, use PCSO alot)
    #20 Pinellas Park (dueling banjos)

Keep telling yourself that annexing two parcels a month will make our area "dwindle" away. You forget that cities that contract with us contintue to do the same. Even if SPPD met PPPD and we lost Lealman, we'd stay exactly where we are with manpower and services. Nothing will change that. There are areas of the county that Cities will never take.

Police Departments get disolved, not PCSO. Tell yourself that at night if it helps you sleep. But understand this: NO POLICE DEPARTMENT IN PINELLAS COUNTY IS SAFE FROM BEING TAKEN OVER. If you believe that your City will never consider it, you are lying to yourself. My job is safe, yours aint. Sleep well.

Nice post...Blah, blah, blah. Except if you think the powers that be in St Pete would ever let the PCSO take over, YOU are smoking crack. They gotta protect their own criminal interests and the Drug Trade that makes that city SO popular. :shock:

#1 SPPD will self implode eventually, someone will have to fill in.

#2 SPPD has a better chance of survival than your agency, thats for sure.

#3 Blah blah blah

#4 Resistance is futile and you know it

Deputy,which you are probably not, go back to your security job and take your bogus lists with you.1,2,3,4,5,6, etc add up to one number 0 you and your listare both 0's.Shut up and stop acting so stupid,

BYE-BYE CITY COPS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast