Take Home Cars - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take Home Cars

I'm the one how asked about the pay and FRS. Thanks for the replies. I have to say that 50K a year after 5 yrs sounds pretty low. But then again I live and work in S. FL where we pay way to much to live. Also how much do you contribute to your pension and when are you vested. Stay safe.

Yeah Mandarin,Julington Creek areas are the best part for a family. These are areas as you are going south towards St. Johns County line. If you look on a map. Youll see them off I-95 and Sr 13.

If you have so many years of experience as a LEO in Florida, does JSO pay you for your experience or do you start out at the bottom?

Also, does JSO allow you to live and have your take home car in Nassau County?

Man, I was a reserve in Jax for a couple of years, I was valedictorian of my class and had a BA... this was when there were no paid classes.. toward the end of the academy, they got us all together and only gave women and minorities applications.. all the white guys got interest cards. What a smack in the face!!! I said screw that and hauled butt down to south florida. I still love the JSO and will always be one at heart, but Im glad you finally got rid of that POS Glover! Is Officer Votour still teaching in the academy?? I can't tell you how many times he kicked my a$$! Believe me.. after seeing what they have down here... u guys get some of the best training in the academy.. always glad I got certified in Jax! Be Safe.

50 thousand base pay after 5 years is high compared to state LEO pay

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofc.
    You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps
    I am surprised you guys keep ordering Impalas.Aren't they in the shop for repairs much more often.Allot of departments who ordered the Impalas in the past went back to the CVPI.

JSO doesnt care where your from or years of experience, otherwise know to extra pay and yes you can live 5 miles outsite the county and take your car home.

Re: Take Home Cars

50,000 afer 5 years would almost double my pay here in Escambia and I have been here for 8 years. We work with a bunch of "Good Ole Boys" that want you to kiss their @ss and the everyone here hates everyone else...We have no loyalty here and a bunch of ignorant SOB's. But we do have take home cars.

Go to any large department in most area of America and you see a huge preference given to women and minorities. My first partner at a large agency was a female who didn't have a clue, she had no interest in the job at all, lazy, officer safety was horrible. I complied once to my sgt. about the officer safety and was called a sexist pig.
    Finding a good place to work is rare these days. I work for a medium sized agency just north of Atlanta. 72,500 base pay after 7 years, take home car, good benefits, and most of all a good administration that allows you to bust asses.

Is this still why most large departments in America are still at least 70% white male dominated. Come on guys stop the crying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast