Take Home Cars
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Take Home Cars

Take Home Cars

Does JSO offer take home cars?

Only if you live on Duval County. Everyone else must leave them at the county line.

Quote Originally Posted by Not for me.
    Only if you live on Duval County. Everyone else must leave them at the county line.
    How is the agency overall? That sucks about the car situation, did you guys switch to Chevy?

I no longer live and work in the area so I can't say on the type of cars they have.

When I lived there I worked for one of the smaller agencies in the county. Most JSO officers are good people but sometimes their arrogance gets the better of them.

Since they do all of their training in house and they are the primary law enforcement for the county, they forget that there is a better way to do things. Long story short, they don't like to play well with others. I'm sure that as outside officers come into the department it will improve. Let's hope.

You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Ofc.
    You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps
    Thanks for the info. How do you like your Sheriff?

We're stuck with him for another four years. Out of the three that ran, he's the lesser of the three evils..

Quote Originally Posted by Ofc
    We're stuck with him for another four years. Out of the three that ran, he's the lesser of the three evils..
    That sucks. I was hoping he would make some changes suck as changing your cars for one. Why don't you like him?

What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks
    They will issue you a CVPI when you first get out of FTO. The wait for the car depends on years of service. We are using Dell Laptops, which suck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast