Acting different
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Acting different

I have noticed that agency members always tend to act different around the PRB personel than they do when they are around other members of the agency. Are they really that scary? Its not really true that they are out to get something on every member so if they feel like firing them, they can; right?

Kind of like kids when their parents are around. They're not out to get anyone. I think generally speaking they would rather catch us doing somthing right than wrong but as any normal relationship like this goes.. some will feel uneasy around them. I have to go now, my mom is watching........ :snicker:

HMMMM

When I first started at the CCSO and made a few friends, that was one of the first things I was warned about was PRB...I think if the Members who worked in PRB introduced themselves to new members, maybe they wouldn't be so afraid of them and act so differently. Just food for thought....

They are dep's just like the rest of us, but answer straight to the man. From my experience with them they have always been straight, and you should have nothing to worry about anyway...

I have been with this agency for some time now. I also had dealings with P.R.B. I can say that if your are in there office as a witness they treat you with respect. If you are in P.R.B and you are a suspect of an allegation then its a different ball game. I can only share from my experiance on being in the hot set. There was one time when one of the P.R.B investigators was investigating a case I was involved. I talked to the Capt. of P.R.B during inservice. I explained to the Capt. that I did not reveiw video tape of the incident and was advised by the investigator that I did not need to see it. I also was the first one to be called and put in the hot seat before any of the witness's or complaintent was called, which means I never got to see what the member misallegation was againsts me except for what the investigator told me. When I mentioned this to the P.R.B Capt. he advised me that he would talk to the investigator and get back to me. Well when the Capt. talked to me again the investigator informed the Capt. that I was given the oppertunity to view the video tape and I refused and that there was no reason given for why I was called first. The investigator left out the fact that he told me there was no need to watch it. I never got to read any of the statements made about my case until after it was over. So what I learned about this confrentation with P.R.B is that it is okay for them to lie to there Capt. and anyone else if it gets them out of trouble, but if we as Deputies lie we could and most likely will get fired. I also learned from this P.R.B thing is that if you are well liked in this agency, they tend to over look certain things and are easier with the punishment. And like I said before this is only from my past run in with P.R.B. I'm not saying they are like this with every one. I nevered asked anyone about there case for the simple fact that when the case is open and you talk about them it can jam you up with P.R.B. I'm also not against P.R.B. I think that we as an agency do have a need for them, just read the paper. But I think that they need some one to keep a closer eye on what P.R.B is doing. And I would like to apologize for my spelling...I'm not the greatist speller and no spell check on my computer.

PRB

Basically, the Sheriff's policy keeps you from finding witnesses to defend you when you're in trouble with PRB. You cant talk about it, you cant ask for witnesses to come forward, you cant even go and see if anyone else saw what happened. You have to depend solely upon the -talent- and investigative ability of the PRB investigators and depend upon their objectiveness, which we all know does NOT exist. Sad but its a control factor of the Sheriff. You're accused, you're investigated by people who already dont believe you and only look for proof of your guilt and not for anything that proves your innocence. Good luck with it.

I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH PRB. WITH OUT GETTING INTO DETAILS, I KNOW THEY HAVE LIED TO ME. IS THIS A TACTIC?, SURE IT IS. PRB IS NOT EASY, HOWEVER EVERY MEMBER SHOULD BE HELD TO THE SAME STANDARDS AND ETHICS. I TRY TO STAY LOW PROFILE AND DO EVERYTHING IN GOOD FAITH.

P.S. AN OLDTIMER TOLD ME THAT LIEING WAS AN INVESTIGATIVE
    TECHNIQUE! THIS KINDA BOTHERED ME AT FIRST, NOW I LOOK AT
    AS AN EVERY DAY TOOL. RIGHT OR WRONG?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am NO fan of PRB, I don't like what they do, or a couple of the investigators, nice as pie to your face, then degrade you in front of their peers.

However, some of the nasty s**t that has happened in the agency needed people like them to go after the dirty cops. Thank goodness that the bad cops were let go. (No, not the few in the recent months either.) If they had not of been caught, I can't even imagine what may have happened.

I've been in PRB numerous times, both witness and subject. An earlier post was right on the money. You are treated different when you are a subject rather than a witness. My favorite thing is when you are upstairs, everyone is just as nice and sweet as can be. But when you see them out of the office, they avoid you like the plague and act like you are going to hurt them. WTF???

Bottom line, we are all cops, we all make mistakes, and we should all get along. Some of the PRB people take this s**t personal and attempt to "veer" the outcome in the direction they want. It's sad, but true.

PRB investigators are cops, with the same personal and professional problems that we all have. ie; bias, predjudice, automatic assumption, willingness to defend the ones we like and "go after" the ones we don't. Lastly, and unfortunately, they are needed.

As a great man once told me, DO NOT LIE! If you do something F'ed up, stand tall, man up, and admit your mistake. 9 times out of 10, unless you did something really bad, you will make it through.

Lastly, this is NOT a corrupt agency among the working class. (Anything higher is above my pay-grade and I can't comment with certainty.) Everyone I've worked with has been on the up-and-up. People make mistakes, most everyone has survived through them.

For the PRB investigators reading this, I'll say it again, THIS IS NOT AN AGENCY WITH CORRUPT MEMBERS LOOKING TO "GET ONE OVER ON PRB!!! Just a bunch of hard working cops that want to put the bad guy in jail.

Stepping off my soapbox....

Holy crap! No-one is going to reply to this???

TEST MESSAGE.......NO NEED TO REPLY

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast