Council election - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

big boy

u need to read the bso site before coming on our site and making a stupid comment.

BigBoy,

Don't you know that Davie is a great place to work? Well except for a couple of problems:

Let's get a Chief that realizes we are in the year 2007 and not 1985.

Don't promote people to Captain just because they arrest one of our own officers. Especially when it's quite possibly the worst DUI arrest in history. No road patrol SGT would sign a P/C 1/4 as bad as the one this officer was arrested on. What was the outcome of this arrest? Not guilty and it took the jury less then an hour to come to that conclusion. This officer got his job back and has been put back on our payroll but hasn't been back to work for nearly 3 years. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Stop paying an officer to do the electrical wiring in our police cars. Not only does this guy do a bad job but he's being paid at least 10 hours of overtime per week. Why does this officer get special treatment? Why is this guy even an officer? What POLICE function does this guy hold?

One officer position filled but doesn't have to show up to work. Another officer position filled yet he does not do one police related activity what so ever. Sounds like sound leadership to me.

This department does not promote officer safety and if it does you aren't paying attention very well. Look at 34 zone. It's an island all on its own out there. If something were to go wrong you got one guy out there to fend for himself without another officer to back him up for at least five minutes. Yeah, nothing really happens out there but what happens when something does?

We just took over Pineisland Ridge. From my understanding the residents there were told they would have their own zone and their own officer. Take a look at the dayshift roster for the past few months. 22/25 zone have been doubled up. If you thought 22 zone was big before try adding another 10,000 residents to that zone. I hope some Pineisland Ridge residents are reading this. Maybe they will realize that they are not getting any better protection then they were before they were taken over by Davie.

I heard about an incident on dayshift where an east side rookie female officer sounded like she was in trouble on the radio. A west side officer responded to her in emergency mode believing that the other officer needed help. Once everything was settled it turned out she did not need any help and that she may have let her nerves get the best of her on a B.S. call where some richard head was running away from her.. Anyway, the responding officer from the west was told not to drive so far out of his zone next time. What the hell is that? A LT. telling an officer not to respond to a call when he believes someone may be in trouble?

I can write on here for hours but I'll end this here... I'll be back to add some more later.

And:

it seems that many have been bought off by the administration with the ot. are the 87% that voted that we had no confidence in the chief still feeling the same?

And:

Here's a union related topic. Why do the union meetings suck so bad ? All 5 people talking at once. No sense of order. I have no idea why no one shows up.

On second thought BSO is the right choice.

Working five days a week does not sound like a step up to me. Working for a Sheriff that says he borrowed $20,000 from his secutary does not sound like the kind of place I want to work.

To the dummy clammoring for BSO:

Who do you think will be working in Davie if we go BSO?? You think they just send in 200 different deputies? It will be ALL the same men & women wearing green and white instead of blue. So we'll ALWAYS be together. Awwwww!!

at least we got dist. 4

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Whoever wants to go to BSO can leave. Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out!

If you think politics are bad in Davie, try working for a sheriff, who has been a politician his whole life and has never been a cop. Not to mention the bureaucratic red tape that goes with everything in that agency. Go grab a copy of there policy book, it's twice as thick as ours.

BSO has about five deputies a week leaving to go to other agencies. What does that tell you?

This place is what you make of it. And it continues to be a great place to work for MOST of us. I'm tired of all the *****ing and moaning from a handful of below average slugs, who do nothing but sit under a tree and duck calls for ten hours a day. Take your ***** fest someplace else!

One more thing, last time I checked we work for the residents of Davie. Good luck getting them to vote to contract BSO for any services. Especially since BSO ignored Pine Island Ridge and United Ranches for years. :lol:

for all the bso lovers,

don't think that if for some reason we go bso we all be working in davie, forget it, we'll be here for a bit and if you want a promotion or something you'll be working in skellville. they might keep you in davie if you want to stay road patrol for your career but even then you can end up in south broward working in a sh** hole.

weston, tamarac, and cooper city are not the norm for bso. just think about the areas where they are.....oakland park, pompano, lauderdale lakes, south broward. it would be like working in el jardin for the rest of your career, if that sounds like fun then go apply for bso, i wont be sad to see you go.

***** at what you may but you don't have it nearly as bad as we do. You guys need to become real officers and work the s@#t holes and you'll learn to appreciate the lovely areas that surround your county. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by miami officer
    ***** at what you may but you don't have it nearly as bad as we do. You guys need to become real officers and work the s@#t holes and you'll learn to appreciate the lovely areas that surround your county. Good luck.

WOW. As if there isn't enough complaining and senseless posts on the Miami board we had to have one of theirs come onto ours and make a comment about how much worse he / she has it then us.....

Quote Originally Posted by miami officer
    To Miami Officer,

I am not a City of Miami officer and never was. I think you might have misread our reasons for not wanting to go to BSO. We're here because it is what it is. We don't want to work in area's such as Alapattah, Overtown, and Little Haiti. That's the reason we chose to work here.

We know you guys have it bad in the City of Miami but that was your choice to work there. I don't see the reason for you to dis Davie ofc's for not wanting to work in a city that has a MLK BLVD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12