UNION NEWS - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UNION NEWS

Please attend the meeting on thurs 6 pm. Many rumors,issues,etc.. will be addressed and open for debate/discussion. Also, the f dept. met and voted on a final proposal last night so we will try to find out as much info as possible before the meeting to discuss what they are requestingand what they are being told.

Part of the new deal must include new generals.

and Admiral Cornwalis's

I would like to know the idiot who thinks people on probation should not attend meeting, so i can call him an idiot to his face. j__koff!!!

union meeting

the meeting scheduled for 08/16 has been postponed due to ongoing contract talks with the city.

Quote Originally Posted by 676
    Please attend the meeting on thurs 6 pm. Many rumors,issues,etc.. will be addressed and open for debate/discussion. Also, the f dept. met and voted on a final proposal last night so we will try to find out as much info as possible before the meeting to discuss what they are requestingand what they are being told.
    Hey 676. Is there free pizza? I prefer arroz con pollo but I have a merry round friend who said he would only attend if pizza is served.

The union meeting was postponed because you guys ar ein contract talks with the city???? It is hard enough getting a decent amount of people at these meetings and now you are postponing it ?? Why don't you also post this info around the PD somewhere or pass union news like this around on laptops or a b-board somewhere also??? This better be a whopper of a contract if pizza night was postponed/....

Because of on-going talks? Isn't that even more of a reason that we should have a meeting? I thought that is what the meetings were for, to update the membership. Or was the meeting postponed because 676 and 634 were scared to hold the meeting alone?

It seems that these two people are not looking out for the membership. They are going to the brass and trying to come up with a shift schedule that suits them, ie. 20 people on 10 hour shift and the rest of road patrol on 12s. That seems ONE WAY to me.

What are they trying to pull over on us? Is it true that they are only looking out for themselves? It sure seems that way.

You people amaze me.

To address some of the idiotic posts to the usual cowards that hide behind a screename:
    "Why don't you also post this info around the PD somewhere or pass union news like this around on laptops or a b-board". Check your town email as well as your MDT. This is just another outlet to have an informed membership for those who may have not checked the other email communications. The pizza comment was humorous though.

"Because of on-going talks? Isn't that even more of a reason that we should have a meeting? I thought that is what the meetings were for, to update the membership. Or was the meeting postponed because 676 and 634 were scared to hold the meeting alone?

It seems that these two people are not looking out for the membership. They are going to the brass and trying to come up with a shift schedule that suits them, ie. 20 people on 10 hour shift and the rest of road patrol on 12s. That seems ONE WAY to me."

What are they trying to pull over on us? Is it true that they are only looking out for themselves? It sure seems that way.

This one really amazes me:
    We have informed the membership what is going on to this point. I have repeatedly asked those with questions about the contract to seek one of us out and we will be happy to share what we know as many of you have done. I spoke to J.S. today at 1600 hours to find out the status of the meeting. It was his decision to postpone the meeting because WE are still waiting for a response from the town to schedule our next contract meeting. If we had a meeting, it would probably have lasted 10-15 minutes to give you the above information (and an additional 15 minutes to eat the pizza). J.S. decided that it would be a waste of everyones time. BTW, ML and MD are the only board members out of town to my knowledge.

As for the shift lay-outs, We have put the word out on several occasions to have shift proposals submitted by the membership. To date, only 3 have been submitted. If you have a suggestion "one-way", get off your lazy ass and submit it and stop hiding behind the screename. The "brass" have nothing to do with this at this point. Shimun has made it quite clear that he intends to allow the union to submit the schedule to the town for their approval, and decide if it will work. If you can't come up with a schedule but still have ideas, let us know. WE WANT SUGGESTIONS.

tsd

As for the shift lay-outs, We have put the word out on several occasions to have shift proposals submitted by the membership. To date, only 3 have been submitted. If you have a suggestion "one-way", get off your lazy arse and submit it and stop hiding behind the screename. The "brass" have nothing to do with this at this point. Shimun has made it quite clear that he intends to allow the union to submit the schedule to the town for their approval, and decide if it will work. If you can't come up with a schedule but still have ideas, let us know. WE WANT SUGGESTIONS.

Could we PLEASE post the schedule recommendations as of now so that before we go to council with our ideas we can vote on an appropriate schedule FOR EVERYONE?[/b]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast