UNION NEWS
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNION NEWS

UNION NEWS

This new thread is to be used for union news only. Please do not post departmental criticism, personal attacks etc... This will be used to discuss union matters, town politics as it pertains to the union, contract negotiations, etc... Please don't abuse it.
    Thanx'

SD

Here's a union related topic. Why do the union meetings suck so bad ? All 5 people talking at once. No sense of order. I have no idea why no one shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Here's a union related topic. Why do the union meetings suck so bad ? All 5 people talking at once. No sense of order. I have no idea why no one shows up.
    The last time I checked, the meetings were pretty orderly. During the last meeting, the president spoke on the topic concerning the election, the buy-back time in the pension, a few things relating to the contract, and the poor response of the surveys sent out. After each topic, the body was allowed to make comments. After the president spoke, each board member was asked if they had any topics to discuss. After their comments, the body once again discussed the topics in an orderly fasion. Are you sure we were at the same meeting. This isn't the U.S. Congress where we have to wait our turn to make a comment after we're called on.

we need to show a strong visibility next tues. we hope that all of you that can/should be available to particapate in this election do so and ensure a positive outcome. its 7-7pm so everyone should be able to spare a few hours

Upcoming workshop

The state FOP will be hosting a class dealing with Offcier rights in the workplace, and FDLE officer de-certification. The class is scheduled for 8a-5p on Mon. June 12th at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriot. If you are interested in attending, please see the union board for information. The course is elegible for 8 hours of mandatory re-training.

TSD

What's the stautus of the FOP lodge 100 site ? I'm unable to find it.

web site

Quote Originally Posted by Cac Boy
    What's the stautus of the FOP lodge 100 site ? I'm unable to find it.
    The web site is presently under construction. I will post a message when it is up. We have only just gotten the domain name, and are searching for someone who is talented at web page building.

TSD

FOP Meetings

When was the last time that you were at a meeting? I've been at the last 18 and I can't remember the last time we had five people talking at once. I think you should back up your assertions with examples. Give me a date or an incident. As far as the meetings sucking, we did run out of pizza at the last one...so that might be something.

April meeting

The April union meeting will be held on the 19th at 1800 hrs. following detail bid.

union meeting

tomorrow @ 1800 hrs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast