looking to move - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking to move

Very true post Captain Caucasian. Although, I hope Captain Webster does not show on scene here to criticize our grammar. (See Murphy Forum)WOW! Capt. Webster is an ex-Florida HWY patrol who tried to make the best of it here in L.E. and bent the way you said to makes things work for him, and to include throwing his once partner a Miami officer under a car. He has jumped from one L.E. job to another whenever he feels under appreciated. Capt. Webster now lurks these forums defending the mentality of mountain L.E. You are right, the mountain people are truly good people, but you can not tell them a thing about how to do their job. Therefore, if you have NO character, or pride for the work you do, it will not bother you. But, for those whom have been on both sides it hurts to see such ignorance. Some of the best people I have met here are mountain people, but when it comes to L.E., its a whole different issue. They are good people, but live a fantasy when it come to L.E. Remember, most if not all of the L.E. work they know of is what they do on a daily basis, or what they have seen on TV. They have no idea what real survival is and what it's like to depend on your partner, or fellow officers. There is much individualism here.

Capt. Webster is now a deputy here, but has chosen to play the shadow warrior game and be like them. Capt. Webster never had an opportunity to be a police officer other than a trooper once in Florida, and so now he gets to play policeman, but does not realize he is far from reality when it comes to real police work. There are others too from Florida that were not real officers and retired here to come and play the game. Common sense, or logic will tell you that if you once were a real officer and paid your dues, the very last thing you would do is volunteer, or work as a police officer here with all that goes on. Why stress your life to see such injustice and unprofessional behavior? What I find very frustrating is how these Florida officers working here now can stand by and see their fellow officers from Florida unfairly treated. You would think they would stand up like real men, but instead they bend to the will of their superiors.

I want to add that L.E. in general has its problems and no place is perfect, for example check out all the issues on other forums. But, the big difference in Florida is that officers take care of one another, regardless of race, sex, etc. They have unions and other forms of protection against unfair treatment by abusive commanders. Here there is no way to escape unfair, or unjust treatment. Therefore, if you love your job that much, you disregard any ethics you may have possess and dismiss any and all character you may have once possessed!

If the above is true, then its truly sad, for then L.E. is shaped by political correctness and not the true code you once had sworn to.

Move to Texas then guys!

LOL

Your First mistake is saying (around here) that you are from FLORIDA :lol: Theeee local Law Enforcement DOESN"T like outsiders especially if you are from Florida.The one's who have been didn't stay on the Force very long.They find a way to "Let's Say Depose"of you. :roll:

Now the good news :lol: Won't be happing to much longer! Already some of the Clan is changing.
    They are starting to Shake,Rattle and Roll. :wink:

Change is coming

I agree. Things will change next election, they must, or this place will be doomed forever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12