Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearms

Firearms

Just out of curiosity what does SPD allow they're officers to carry?

Re: Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Not sure if it's standard issue or not but today at a store I saw a detective carrying a Glock, didn’t ask what caliber so can’t help on that but would be curious if they require Glocks like BSO does

yea to my understanding most depts. take glocks but its the caliber i need to know more then anything. Thanks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

9mm .40 or .45

Many carry Glocks, but there are several who have S&W, HK, Sig, etc.

almost anything the officer can buy

You can carry just about any make in the 9mm .40 or .45 caliber. If you are interested in applying, do apply, and are accepted you will need to speak with the Firearms Training Unit for an updated list, if we currently have one. We recently changed the policy to allow the .40 caliber. There was a budget issue with the ammunition.

Yea well this was a legit question before I was told at the conditional job offer that I wasn't going to proceed for some unknown reason, I was never given a letter and I was never given a formal notice of what happen. It's sad, I really wanted to work for SPD.

Guest,
    I apologize on behalf of the officers in this department. Unfortunately you are not the only applicant that was denied, for whatever reason, and not notified. We are currently in need of officers and I am unaware of the hiring issues. Again I apologize. Please don't let this experience sway you from pursuing your dreams and please apply with other agencies.
    Have contacted this department and requested the status of your application? If so, what was thier response?
    If not, put the pressure on them. This really is a great department to work for and worth the pursuit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast