4 Officers arrested
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4 Officers arrested

Whats the deal with those officers getting arrested working w/ the NY mob? Was it legit?

Re: 4 Officers arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Whats the deal with those officers getting arrested working w/ the NY mob? Was it legit?

Go to Herald.com or Sunsentinel.com

They'll break it down for you.

damn shame !!! I glad they got rid of those bad apples

I have worked in police work for the past 20 years. Although I don’t work for Hollywood PD I new three of the four officers that were involved. I wish you guys the best of luck. All I can say is that I am very shocked.

Good riddance to these SOB's. They were always crap and problematic. Nice to see them enroute to prison! THey make us all look bad. Hoorah for the FBI. :wink:

Why did it take the FBI 2 years and all that money to arrest 4 guys ? Rented Yachts, hotel room, flew guys in from around the US. Sounds like a waste of money, especially for self initiated activities.

Shocking Sally!!!!!!!!

Just Shocking

Gotta wait for the right time for the 1015, especially dealing w/ cops, they know the in's and out's better then your typical criminal.

Hahahaha...Shame shame shame

What can you expect from these officers when your chief leaks the probe to everyone?!

Jou estupidos meng!! :devil:

hwscandal

CBS4) If loose lips sink ships, then the town of Hollywood is underwater.

Four Hollywood police officers are under arrest right now, caught in a two year undercover FBI sting operation in which the cops allegedly agreed to go to work for an organized crime family, helping the faux Good Fellas transport drugs and do a host of other illegal activities.

The sting would have likely netted other crooked cops as well, but it had to be called off prematurely when word of the FBI operation reached some of the officers under investigation.

And how did the leak occur?

Well authorities are still looking into that, but a likely source seems to be the Hollywood Police Chief, James Scarberry.

The FBI briefed Scarberry about their ongoing probe and for reasons that defy comprehension, Scarberry thought it would be a good idea to tell the mayor, the city manager and at least six other Hollywood police commanders about the super-secret investigation.

Chief Scarberry defended his chatty-Kathy approach to law enforcement by saying the FBI told him to use his own discretion in who he decided to tell.

And in Chief Scarberry's world, being discreet means telling just about everyone you run into that day.

I guess it could have been worse. He could have taken out an ad in the local newspaper.

There are two possibilities here: Either Chief Scarberry wanted the embarrassing investigation to end before anyone else in his department was implicated, or he is incredibly naive and thought telling eight other people wouldn't eventually lead to the sting being revealed.

So he is either corrupt or he's a fool. Either way, I'm amazed that there hasn't been more of a drumbeat for Scarberry to resign.

Then again, maybe Chief Blabbermouth fits right into Hollywood, which is quickly emerging as a real competitor for Miami in terms of scandal plagued, screwed-up cities.

One Hollywood city commissioner was removed from office and is under indictment for public corruption; the city attorney has been under fire for giving questionable advice on contracts, and a handful of lobbyists have a way-too cozy relationship with certain city leaders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast