Recruitment - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment

better get in while you can. once this contract is signed, I feel confident that we are going to be at full manpower and no long hiring.

They must not need that much manpower, im certified at 19yoa and I was turned down at the job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    They must not need that much manpower, im certified at 19yoa and I was turned down at the job offer.
    I heard that they are worried about what might happen with the property tax situation and dont want to be in a budget crunch.

Apply to BSO, a week and a day later and I was called for my panel. It's coming up on three months since I turned in my application at Sunrise and still nothing.

Certified at 19YOA. That means you put yourself through. My guess is you put yourself through b/c no one else would sponsor you. Good luck finding a job.

Actully before you start jumping to conclusions, I put myself through in a county that all agencies require 21yoa. I graduated and came back here.

I heard that they are worried about what might happen with the property tax situation and dont want to be in a budget crunch.

Apply to BSO, a week and a day later and I was called for my panel. It's coming up on three months since I turned in my application at Sunrise and still nothing.
    Yeah, apply at BSO where you make a LITTLE more money, if that, and have to work ten times harder to get it. Plus you get to work 25yrs to retire, instead of Sunrise's 20years. go BSO Do it! blah

Recruitment

I received a letter from SPD stating that they are in receipt of my application but however due to a large number of applicants I will only be notified if selected to continue with further processing. It sounds like a nice way to say “where not going to hire you” Sincerely Police Chief David T. Boyett ! I really don’t care
    If they called me I’ am already in the process with BSO

Yeah, apply at BSO where you make a LITTLE more money, if that, and have to work ten times harder to get it. Plus you get to work 25yrs to retire, instead of Sunrise's 20years. go BSO Do it! blah
    Again budget crunch is the word, SPD is not the end all be all and if it was why did your boys jump ship for Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines?

Again budget crunch is the word, SPD is not the end all be all and if it was why did your boys jump ship for Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines?
    we havent had an officer leave for Pines in about 3years, and the ones that left were no big loss.

It was upsetting to see the ones that left to Springs, they were some good officers, BUT, no one was seeing change in this department and figured leave while they can.

and a BUT to that BUT, look at the new contract we are getting. The best things come to those who wait. Go for BSO, Springs, wherever. Leave the money making to us!

Top highest paid in the county, second highest in the state. Paid medical, fixed pension contribution, $31/hr detail rate, $78K top out for officers WITHOUT overtime and details, $94K top out for SGTS, come on already, give it up!

we havent had an officer leave for Pines in about 3years, and the ones that left were no big loss.

It was upsetting to see the ones that left to Springs, they were some good officers, BUT, no one was seeing change in this department and figured leave while they can.

and a BUT to that BUT, look at the new contract we are getting. The best things come to those who wait. Go for BSO, Springs, wherever. Leave the money making to us!

Top highest paid in the county, second highest in the state. Paid medical, fixed pension contribution, $31/hr detail rate, $78K top out for officers WITHOUT overtime and details, $94K top out for SGTS, come on already, give it up!
    I am not trying to argue with anybody hell I have been doing all I can to move further in the hiring process without being called a pain in the ass, SPD is my first choice but I also have to have a plan B since I am not in a position to wait a year before being contacted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast