CO to LEO

Thread: CO to LEO

CO to LEO

I got out of leo academy 2 yrs ago and was turned down by alot of PD's, SO. Most agencies told me no because of my past, no criminal record, just undetected crime. One DQ'ed me because the backround Inv. didnt think I have good moral charater. Yet others told me just to come back in a year to put more time between my past.
    Now I'm certified CO w/DOC. Because CO's have to meet same F.S. as LEO's and I already meet them since Im employed.
    Shouldn't I be able to get on much easier now since FDLE has already activated a CO cert through doc?
    Thanks in advance

Re: CO to LEO

Quote Originally Posted by CO
    I got out of leo academy 2 yrs ago and was turned down by alot of PD's, SO. Most agencies told me no because of my past, no criminal record, just undetected crime. One DQ'ed me because the backround Inv. didnt think I have good moral charater. Yet others told me just to come back in a year to put more time between my past.
    Now I'm certified CO w/DOC. Because CO's have to meet same F.S. as LEO's and I already meet them since Im employed.
    Shouldn't I be able to get on much easier now since FDLE has already activated a CO cert through doc?
    Thanks in advance
    What is the definition of good moral character...well that's a slippery slope...esp when it comes to FDLE. It either subjective or political in nature...just go look at some of the FDLE / CJSTC cases against officers... www.doah.state.fl.us ......some get decertified for minor offenses...while others don't get decertified for such offenses as actually shooting someone (non duty related shooting)
    Police dpets work the same way..... hey if you are politically connected or have a bankroll ... use those connections ... you will get in...

good luck

go work at an S.O. as a C.O., then once you prove yourself ask to go on the road...

Re: CO to LEO

Quote Originally Posted by answer
    Quote Originally Posted by CO
    Thanks in advance
    What is the definition of good moral character...well that's a slippery slope...esp when it comes to FDLE. It either subjective or political in nature...just go look at some of the FDLE / CJSTC cases against officers... www.doah.state.fl.us ......some get decertified for minor offenses...while others don't get decertified for such offenses as actually shooting someone (non duty related shooting)
    Police dpets work the same way..... hey if you are politically connected or have a bankroll ... use those connections ... you will get in...

good luck

Here's ABT's definition of good moral character 12 years ago. Don't know if it's changed

"Good moral character means not only the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, but the character to observe the difference, the observance of the rules of right conduct, and conduct which indicates and establishes the qualities generally acceptable to the populace for positions of trust and confidence."

Judging by the people who are there now IT MUST HAVE CHANGED!