Clearwater (727) 441-2699
    Fax (813) 281-2223

February 19, 2007

Director of Human Resources
    306 E. Jackson Street, 7th Floor
    Tampa, Florida 33602

Dear Director of Human Resources:

Complaint

We represent James Cabble, who was an officer with the Tampa Police Department (Payroll #43040). In or about middle August, 2006, Officer Cabble was transferred from the Property Room of the Tampa Police Department to the Delayed Crimes Information Unit. In addition, at that time, his job assignment was changed from drug case research to subpoena coordinator. Further, on January 5, 2007, Officer Cabble was discharged from the Tampa Police Department.

Complaint is hereby made that that transfer, job reassignment and discharge and other actions taken against him as part of a continuing course of conduct were in violation of the Whistleblowers Act, § 112.3187, Fla. Stat. That conduct constituted adverse personnel action by the Chief of Police (or his agents) of the Tampa Police Department. This adverse personnel action was the result of Officer Cabble disclosing information or in retaliation for Officer Cabble disclosing information concerning a violation or suspected violation of federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation committed by the employee(s) or agent(s) of a state, county, local or municipal agency, which created and presented a substantial and specific danger to the public’s health, safety or welfare or an act or suspected act of gross mismanagement, malfeasance, misfeasance or gross neglect of duty committed by the employee(s) or agent(s) of a state, county, local or municipal agency, including the creation, maintenance or operation of a hazardous environment as a result of the storage of drugs and human body material and the lack of ventilation and exhaust system in the property room at the Tampa Police Department.

This Complaint is to be heard by a panel of impartial persons appointed by the appropriate local government authority who are required to make findings of fact and conclusions of law for a final decision by the local governmental authority.

Demand is made that Officer Cabble be reinstated to the same position held before his transfer; compensation for lost remuneration caused by the adverse action; compensation for emotional and other pain and suffering; and payment of reasonable costs, including attorney’s fees.
    Very truly yours,

Ward A. Meythaler
    WAM/kk

Due process

It looks like someone is preparing for arbitration.

property room

Can anyone verify these property room claims indicated in the letter? Has management really been made aware of these problems and shrugged them off? If anyone that works in the property room reads this post could you reply accordingly? I just want to know if this is a sincere claim or not.

Oh who knew he was fired for that, I thought it had something to do with a thousand phone calls and stalking a state attorney.

air quality

I've worked in the property room at 411 since we moved to that building. The letter is accurate about the lack of an exhaust system and the ventilation is set up for a regular office environment and not an environment that warehouses chemicals, drugs, and homicide stuff.
    I also think that property room employees use more sick time as a result of our constant exposure to poor air quality.

discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh who knew he was fired for that, I thought it had something to do with a thousand phone calls and stalking a state attorney.
    Based on this new information, now I wonder??

Wake up... he is the ultimate scammer and he is doing what he does best scamming. If the air pollution is bad then it needs to be fixed. He was fired for that and we all know it......

Rule book

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Wake up... he is the ultimate scammer and he is doing what he does best scamming. If the air pollution is bad then it needs to be fixed. He was fired for that and we all know it......
    Did the Police Department violate another officers rights again? I'm getting numb to these gross violations committed by the staff without accountability.. If it's a scam lets investigate it and prove it, if not lets investigate it and prove it to be true. The bottom line is lets do it thoroughly and impartially!
    I wonder if he is going back to the media?

That is one of the sleaziest law firms in town - they'll take your case if no one else will. TPD is CALEA certified, which means the property room is in compliance as well. 411 is an old building with old building issues. Cabble is grasping at the only straw he can come up with and it's nonsense.

So since the air is bad at 411 we can now stalk our ex-girlfriends?? AWESOME!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast