What happens when.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Mr. Mask...You are correct my friend! I didn't write the post titled Ummmmmmmmm. In fact, I didn't write the other two or three posts who disagreed with MR. RAT. Apparently, MR. RAT isn't as "BRILLIANT"(that's the correct way to spell it) as he thinks. His deduction skills are terrible and his reading comprehension is unsatisfactory AT BEST. Apparently, I have MR. RAT'S whiskers in a bunch. His tail is so twisted, he can't get past the fact that someone has the audacity to disagree with him. Well MR. RAT, many people disagree with you! Get over it and have a piece of cheese because life is too short!

To Audie Murphy...I wasn't bragging when I wrote about my success as a Police Officer. I was merely explaining to MR. RAT that I am not a malcontent or disgruntled cop as he insinuates I am. I love my job and do it with pride! MR. RAT didn't like the fact that I informed him that 99% of cops DO NOT respect IA cops. To answer YOUR question, YES it is very possible to get 13 life saving awards in 10 years. And NO they weren't all one incident. In fact, there were 8 different incidents where I helped people out of a situation where they would have died without help. If you want or need the exact circumstances of each incident I will gladly post them. If I came off as holier than thou or supercop, that was not my intent. It just burns my a$$ when people like MR. RAT accuse you of being something you are not. Then again, that's his job isn't it?

Am I reading that right? 13 life savings awards from 8 different incidents? WTF???? Did they give you a different plaque with the name of each person you saved? Do you wear 13 life saving award pins along with the 3 officer of the year pins on your uniform every day to let all know who exactly they’re dealing with? When is your shrine being dedicated?

Chedda is Bedda

Hooray! Yet another unloaded weapon (Keep the Mask On) has decided to join this literary gun battle. Your post reads like you watched “The Da Vinci Code” one too many times.

I’m still waiting for any of you to come up with something original, witty, or just plain interesting. It’s always the same: whining about being wrongfully accused (although that was a somewhat funny movie staring Leslie Nielsen - but forgive me, I digress), 99% of all cops don’t respect/like investigators assigned to the Office of Professional Standards, my opinion is backed by the X# of awards I’ve won (but I’m not bragging or otherwise stroking my own ego), MM is a “RAT”, MM is “Mr. Perfect,” blah, blah, blah. BORING!

This bears repeating: when someone runs out of intelligent things to say, or in these instances write, then he/she will resort to insults. I’d expect that from children, not adults purporting to be college educated law enforcement professionals.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to un-bunch my whiskers, straighten out my tail, and get back to tending to my curds & whey.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The Officer could have been enroute to a call or it could have been a mistake. Only the Officer knows that.

Officers are allowed to break certain laws in order to enforce others or respond to more serious situations. Just because you see an Officer run a red light or stop sign don't assume they are just being careless. There might be something going on that you don't know about. If your house was being broken into I think you would want that Officer running stop signs to get there. :wink:
    Good try troll. With no lights or sirens all traffic laws apply. Not that anything will ever be done but technically ...

Lifesaving Awards

Awesome job in being involved in 8 different incidents and saving 13 people. Some guys have always been and always be a sh!t magnet and happen to be in the right place at the right time. Sometimes I can get streaky like that but on a much lower level. I believe you because it wouldn't be too hard for someone to research it, at least at this agency anyway.

To the guy who asks if you wear all of your awards, I'm not sure if that would be an accurate gauge as I don't wear any of mine and I have a few too. To be honest, I don't want to look like one of those Russian generals in the old war movies and I also don't feel like putting all of those pins on everyday. Call it lazy but I don't want to make a spectacle of myself and how many times does the back of the pins gadget have to fall of before your over it. My reward is watching my kids walk around my house proudly sporting those pins on their shirt while wearing the Class A issued hat with the badge on it.

If you have been fortunate enough in being directly involved in saving one life, let alone 13, you should take a lot of pride in that and trying to defend yourself on this site is a lost cause.

Chances are, all of us bantering back and forth on this site know each other and most assuredly like each other but, for whatever reason, anonymous posts can trigger different perceptions in different people. For example, if we sat around in a circle talking about these things there would be much more respect given. However, posting on a website causes the conversation to lose the inflection it was meant to have and can rub people the wrong way causing insults and personal attacks.

AUDIE

Very nice words. Thank you for ringing in.

Has nothing to do with a citizen being right or wrong. You just sound like all the other whiners that call over stupid stuff like this. If it had been a red escalade who would you call to complain to?

It was mentioned earlier that sometimes marked units have to get to a call quickly and it may not require lights and sirens. Perhaps the unit was on the way to a burglary in progress and did not want to announce her arrival.

I admit the resume is impressive and as a Veteran myself I appreciate your service to the Vets, but I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill just because it was a marked cruiser. The same reason we don't see an Officer on the news everytime they save someones life or catch a bad dude. Rest assured the first time messes up it is everywhere and all of a sudden all cops are bad.

Firemen have it easy. They sit in the firehouse, play ball, eat, watch plasma TVs, and when they go on a call they are always the hero no matter what and get all the glory.

During a hot call the fire department sets up down the street while the cops go in and secure the scene yet you don't see everyone going googoo and supporting the police.

Quote Originally Posted by meldog
    I am a CPA. I work for large organization locally. I have never been arrested and I have zero tickets. In fact, for a year, I volunteered with your agency (and others) working with DCF in emergency foster care placement for abused kids. I now give my time to the GAL program in Hillsborough County.

In addition to that, working full time and raising a two year old, I also volunteer at the VA in Tampa reading and sometimes just sitting there talking to the veterens that come back from Iraq and have no family or anyone else. I have helped raise thousands of dollars to get everything from knitting supplies to prepaid phone cards to Girl Scout cookies donated for the injured men and women returning from war.

For some reason, you have a chip on your shoulder. I am not a liar or a scumbag.. and MOST people aren't. I am not sure why you think you needed to come at me like that. I am just someone who had to avoid getting hit by someone driving one of your agebcies cars recklessly in the residential neighborhood that I live in.

I realized in reading some of the posts on here, I was better off NOT asking what happens when a citizen has a concern because "we" are always wrong anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234