What happens when.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How does doing tax returns for Tampa cops and firemen have absolutely anything to do with Clearwater cops?

Luke

Luke – you need to go back and read meldog's first couple of posts. She didn’t post a complaint, she wrote of what happened to her and then asked a “what happens “ question. JAFO responded a couple of times with the professionalism one would expect from someone in law enforcement. But rather then let the post end there, others started ranting about past injustices, and then the next thing you know meldog is getting assailed for having the audacity to actually come on to LEOAFFARIS and post something unflattering about a Clearwater Police Officer - on the Clearwater PD forum!

The truth is all cops are human. We are not capable of being perfect: perfect when it comes to driving, or perfect when it comes to officer safety. We can only hope that when we do make a mistake, it’s a small one where the consequences might be negligible. Are there people out there who are chomping at the bit, just waiting for that opportunity to expose your mistakes to anyone and everyone that will listen – OH HELL YAH! Just read some of the other posts not only the Clearwater PD forum, but on any of the forums on LEOAFFAIRS.

This job puts you in a powerful position; for the lack of a more politically correct way of putting it. With that comes a lot or responsibility, and even more scrutiny by others to make sure you’re not abusing that power. If you cannot live with or handle that kind of every day pressure, do us – but more importantly you – a favor and find another line of work. This job is not for the meek or those who are easily offended.

You, and others, may not like or appreciate that her post wasn’t a warm & fuzzy one dealing with a member of CPD, but that’s’ life. The First Amendment guarantees her, and anyone else, the right of freedom of speech and expression - however the moderator of this forum has the right, if he/she decides a post has violated the terms of use, to delete it. Meldog’s posts are still here, so maybe your beef should be with MOD22. If you want exclusivity, stick to the password protected FOP10 website.

LEOAFFAIRS is open to anyone with a computer and an opinion. You apparently want the CPD forum limited to only CPD officers; and maybe outsiders – but only if their posts are positive in nature. Now who’s the one living in a fantasy world?

Oh, and by the way – with my ‘angelic wings’ I don’t walk on water, I gently hover over it. Which is why I can’t ‘party’ with a biped like yourself.

To Mikey,

I'm not tooting my own horn but your idiotic post about me forces my hand. In my ten years as a "street cop", I have been the Officer of the year THREE times. I have 13 life saving awards and been given countless other awards by my police department. I have been very seriously injured ON DUTY where by the grace of GOD I was lucky enough to survive. I enjoy my job and I'm well respected by my coworkers. You on the other hand...more on that later!

Anyway, I was being facetious when I made the post about wanting to know where meldog worked. If you didn't understand that then you need help. You come off as holier than thou but in reality you are nothing but an overpaid RAT! By reading your posts it's clear to me that you work in Internal Affairs. The thing you don't realize is ALL cops hate RATS like you! You are not respected nor are you considered a real cop. I have only been subject to one IA investigation in my entire career and that turned out to be BS!(UNSUSTAINED) That experience was hell because of you RAT 8astard IA guys who assume we are guilty before you hear the real story. Truth is, you guys head hunt because if you didn't, you wouldn't have a job! Thankfully, I follow the letter of the law and stay out of trouble. BUT, I have seen too many good guys go down because IA had a hard on for someone. In closing I want you to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this...AM "I A" RAT? A RAT is someone who, behind the smiles and charm, can be terribly obstinate and controlling, insisting on having things their way no matter what the cost. These people tend to have an immense control of their emotions, which they may use as a tool to manipulate and exploit another person, both emotionally and mentally. Rats are masters of mind games and can be very dangerous, calculating and downright cruel if the need arises. Quick-tempered and aggressive, they will not think twice about exacting revenge on those that hurt them in any way. Rats need to learn to relax sometimes, as they can be quite obsessed with detail, intolerant and strict, demanding order, obedience, and perfection. IF I TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE A RAT...AM I LYING?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    The last guest’s name should be changed to “Tooting my own horn”.

Every cop, regardless of department that works hard is the successful completion of their duties on a regular basis fits the bill for the “Police Officer Of The Year” award. Many times awards are won by a single incident, not repeated efforts and true award winners will be the first to admit that fact. We don’t have time for showboating and grandstanding around here. Sounds like “tooting my own horn” needs a larger full length mirror so they can see themselves better.

Those that have won awards here at CPD are excellent officers put in a certain situation requiring them to take the action they deemed necessary at the time. It’s through proper training and teamwork that things get done properly. I don’t think you work here because we don’t have enough doors wide enough for your head to fit into unless you’re the person hanging around in the sally port all the time.

Meldog did nothing wrong. He asked a simple question and I gave him answers, nothing more. It’s obvious that many including “tooting my own horn” does not understand the proper role of a supervisor and spend too much time watching your shadows rather then just doing your job. If you had any decent supervisors and knew how they worked then you wouldn’t be so biased.

You find someone that supports law enforcement and you actually treat them like this? Sorry, but it’s you that may conside finding a job elsewhere because your not doing a very good job as a cop. Being a police officer in any jurisdiction is a give and take or better yet a working relationship, not a one way street. You have some growing up and maturing to do. Let’s hope that mission is completed within your lifetime.

People come here and post by anonymity. There’s a logical reason for that but some take it to extremes and blast people as if they were representing this agency. If “tooting my own horn” really worked here, I’d love to meet him.

Tooting His Own Horn

To Officer 'I Toot My Own Horn':

Police officers have the all too real ability to negatively affect the lives of others. In the case of issuing traffic citations, it’s mostly financial. The definition of “facetious”: intended to be humorous but often silly or inappropriate. Writing that the cops should watch meldog - what do you find humorous about that, especially when it’s coming from a cop? More like inappropriate.

That lovely rant of yours though does prove my point. There are some in this profession who crave accolades, but cannot handle anything negative directed towards them. And what’s with “If I tell you that you are a rat…?” You called me a RAT in the very beginning of that paragraph! However, a lot of those qualities you associate with being a RAT are also qualities that are required to be a successful in this profession, for example – “immense control of their emotions, which they may use as a tool to manipulate and exploit another person, both emotionally and mentally.” Tell me this isn’t a requirement for any detective assigned to the Crimes Against Children Unit. Is there no room in our profession for officers to “demand order or obedience?” Tell that to the officers who got stuck trying to control the ‘animals’ that came out to the Wild Splash concert over this past weekend. And aren’t all good police officers “masters of mind games?”

Your post not only shows you don’t have the intestinal fortitude to do the thankless job associated with being assigned to the Office of Professional Standards, but that you have no intelligent defense to your initial post – so you must resort to insults.

Dr. Phil will see you now…

By the way, where did you find that oh so eloquent definition of a “RAT?” I’d like to frame it (again, no pun intended) and put it up on my office wall. Sorry, just being facetious!

No matter how you try to paint it, the fact remains that you are a RAT! You proved my point! You are NOT respected by other cops and you never will be. You must be a lonely person. I bet your dog even hates you! :lol: Now scurry away little RAT I'm done with you!

Awards

I would like to know if it is possible to get 13 Life Saving Awards in 10 years of being a police officer at Clearwater?

Are they separate incidents or did you save 13 people on a capsized boat?

Or are you hanging out at On Top of World?

It is truly a remarkable achievement to be in the right place at the right time to be involved in a single Life Saving Incident so kudos to you if the count is right.

I.A. has a tough job to do and I wouldn't want to do it. I imagine that most of them that do that job are torn between friendships and investigations but still do their jobs professionally. I believe that in most cases the officers are in the right when they are doing their jobs but I.A. might be mandated to do an investigation anyway based on a complaint or at the direction of the Chief. This by it's nature causes apprehension, anxiety and mistrust from the target officers or officers in general. I understand the mistrust of them because they hold the power to ruin you if an unfavorable spin comes out of the investigation.

I don't like to be second guessed on when I'm fighting with someone either and I do think it is possible for an I.A. investigation to morph into something it shouldn't be and never was. That said, somebody has to Police the Police to keep checks and balances. I can't think of any officers out there that didn't get into this line of work with the sole thought of providing for their family's and doing the right thing for the community, but statistically speaking, not all employees of any organization are pure in this thought process and some need to be weeded out.

I like the way our system works for the most part. Send the minor allegations back to Division Level to be handled appropriately and leave the major allegations to I.A. to handle.

If you find yourself going to I.A. get representation and don't lie.

With having said all of the above, I don't think because you are assigned to I.A. you are a "RAT". A "RAT" should more appropriately be defined as someone who scurries in the background trying to get people in trouble for their own benefit or amusement and not someone who is taking corrective measures to improve the professionalism of the agency and the image of all of the rest of us.

Ahhhh, You said "IA" and Mr Perfect said it wasn't called "IA" that it's the "Office of Professional Standards" He said there was no "IA" which is why I asked him if he himself had ever gotten an "IA" or do they call them "OPS"?

Ofcourse there has to be a way of Checks and Balances - that goes without saying. Yes, I'm sure it's a tough spot to be in when one of your buddies gets a BS complaint from someone that you know you didn't do, and were not even involved in, yet because you are a Public Employee, anyone can make a complaint about you because you were the last name they saw when being placed in the back seat of a cruiser.

Yes, there is a difference between a Sustained IA (Or maybe it's a Sustained OPS in Mr Perfect's book) and one ruled Unsustained. Is the process of being called in any less and questioned like YOU were the criminal and now you have to prove yourself? Nope, no one likes the process, being involved with someone who is a target of the process, or even being threatened with the process.

I agree that BS complaints should be handled on a front line supervisor level. Yet sometimes, BS complaints go right to IA, oops, I mean The Office of Professional Standards and a file is created, and an "IA" or "OPS" has been started.

I want to know how Mr Perfect was posting here during the day, while in his office (because he made the comment he wanted to hang a certain definition on his 'office wall') and on tax payer time, using a tax payer computer while sitting at a tax payer desk. I think we should start an "IA" no wait, he calls it an "OPS" on him, and waste the time of those Professionals in that department.

UMMMMMMMMMMM

You could have been succinct, but alas you have chosen to treat everyone to more of your words of wisdom (read: sarcasm). The first paragraph should be enough for those reading your latest post to accurately gauge the level of maturity you’ve attained in your self-proclaimed stellar and award-winning career in law enforcement. It also explains why you’re still harping about that ONE bogus complaint made against you.

Once again your retort consists of insults, threats and the numerous mind-numbing “is it I.A. or OPS” references. This is the same kind of thoughtful and incisive writing one might find in a copy of Mad Magazine. However, I was torn. On one hand I was flattered to see that I moved up from “RAT” to “Mr. Perfect.” But on the other hand, I was sad to see you didn’t include a definition of “Mr. Perfect.” :cry:

Keep these ‘gems’ coming (one can never have too many exemplars of how NOT to write). And as for your powers of deduction – BRILLIENT!

Michael Myers

Hey - Brain Trust!

Take off the mask and learn to read. 2 different people/postings regarding 2 different topics. You, Baby Einstein - can not figure that out?

I read both, and in neither can I find a threat.

One poster called you a Rat.

A totally different poster referred to you as Mr Perfect, as you portray yourself as that in your self-rightous "my office" drivel.

One poster mentioned being a LEO from the North - Connecticut I believe.

A totally different poster questioned you on your previous rant regarding the use of the term "IA" -

I bet Humpty Dumpty was/is a difficult read for you also. :roll:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast