What happens when....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What happens when....

A few weeks ago, I was driving home in Westchase and a female driving a marked car ran a stop sign and almost hit my family.

I called CPD and advised someone about the incident.

Just out of curiousity, what happens to you all when a citizen complains about your driving?

The Officer will be approached about whatever the complaint is and asked their side of it. If it's serious then an investigation will occur, but for something like running a stop sign you might not see anything happen. The Officer could have been enroute to a call or it could have been a mistake. Only the Officer knows that.

Officers are allowed to break certain laws in order to enforce others or respond to more serious situations. Just because you see an Officer run a red light or stop sign don't assume they are just being careless. There might be something going on that you don't know about. If your house was being broken into I think you would want that Officer running stop signs to get there. :wink:

I think they were indicating it was a CPD marked cruiser who didn't stop. Really don't think we can go with the "Call for service" idea if it happened in Westchase. And if he was with his family and was hit by the cruiser, I really don't think he would give a crap what we were going to. Sometimes we screw up. That's more like the comment that should be made to the person.....

why

Why would a CPD car be in Weschace? I don't think CPD allows take home out of the city.

When I called your department to report that a marked car with a female driving dangerously (and not in uniform) I spoke to someone.. (last name Slaughter???) and I gave him the car number.

You are right. She could have been actively involved in something (and while she was talking on her cell phone and ran a stop sign and very well could have done some damage to my baby girl).. I accept that. And, I do appreciate the job you all do for myself and my family.

But, when I called, the person I spoke to seemed very interested in a Clearwater police car being in Westchase. I was just curious to know the process of what happens when a citizen is concerned.. and almost t-boned.

Again, thank you for all that you do and the risks that you take dealing with the scum of the world!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Meldog, take the time and recontact the same supervisor you had spoken with before and see what he learned about the situation. He should be able to give you some kind of reasonable response.

Talking on the web site may not give you the correct answers you are looking for and end up talking to persons only guessing without knowing all the facts.

Thanks, JAFO

That female obviously is not in patrol....but then again aren't they working on getting everybody a take home? That's funny.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Meldog, see what I mean and that last guest doesn't even work here.

Years ago, a neighbor of mine called the Deputy Chief to tell them my family dog barked when I wasn't home, but while I was at work. My family dog was kept inside the house, windows closed (as it was summer) with food, water and the shelter a comfortable bed to sleep on, and the safety of my home.

I had to explain to the Deputy Chief why my family dog barked because a neighbor complained. I had to explain that my family dog was kept in the house, and our windows were not open due to the fact it was July. It ticked me off knowing that while I worked for the City of Clearwater, yet lived in Palm Harbor, I was subjected to complaints at my employer for a barking dog incident. I wondered if I worked at Honeywell, or Tampa Airport, would someone be able to call and speak to my employer about an incident (non-criminal) at my home outside of my employment.

If this same car had been a Fed Ex truck, or say LabCorp, would this same person call the employer to report them, and expect some sort of reply on a web site? If someone speeds in front of me while driving down US 19, do I follow them to their employer and tell them what they did?

So what, now we add "Hows My Driving?" bumper stickers to the back of the cruisers next to the Department's web address? If we live our lives under the premis of "what if" or "could have" or "almost" - we'd never leave our homes, or allow our children out of our house.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    AMEN!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast