Goog Job Sgt POS!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

In response to FRMGPD, your list of good cops has some problems. If talking over everybody and refusing to ever listen is a good quality for a cop, then okay, RH may be a good cop. Otherwise. . .well, enough said.

The other two on your list are smart and competent but they spend too much time complaining to the wrong people and/or not doing the work they are capable of.

I'm guessing you were probably the same way when (if) you worked at GPD. Complain online, complain to other cops, but how many times did you submit your constructive criticism to the people capable of making change. And before you respond with some BS about how that'll get you in trouble, I'll address that right now.

Some of the most vocal and opinionated people in the department (Vincent, Lehr, Farrand, Stone) have only been rewarded for sharing their concerns with management--not the other way around.

And all this crap about people getting screwed. You make it seem like people have been disciplined when they did nothing wrong. Any examples? I can't think of any. And if you say RH, your credibility is gone. He deserved everything he got.

Is management watching? Sure they are--they'd be negligent not to. Are they looking for reasons to get people in trouble? If you really believe that--I feel sorry for your friends and family who have to put up with you all the time.

Wow! A whole five officers! You guys are killin it over there!! Hey, stay on your side of the street with your traffic stops! Ill keep waving at you as I drive by!

solution

ok so there was a crowd. So you call his ride that is already 10-51, tell them to 56 you at GPD. If you must you cuff the officer (for the crowd) drive five blocks take off the cuffs. Get 10-19 buy the guy a water to drink from the soda machine and wait with him till his ride is there. The drunks at the bar see him in the back of a Cruiser. Everyone is happy.

Funny thing is that even GPPD just turned this post negativiely towards their own officers. It's something in the water that causes them to throw each other under the bus. Honk Honk, who's driving the bus today?

SPPD, keep your chin up someday they all will understand what real police work is about and what the true value of brothership is. Remeber GPPD it was a misdemeanor and remember what discretion you have with misdemeanors? Oh wait not with your chief he took that away from you all a long time ago along with your spines.

How bout we all move on.

HOW BOUT THIS....

************** BADGE / FREE RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all you rookies out there, this means the officer gets a ride home no matter what it takes.

wow what a concept

If I remember right, one of your traffic guys/girls wrote an ATF agent when they were in the middle of a rolling surveillance.

Yea Gulfport has problems, but so does SPPD. Let it go.

bad admin

YOU WANT EXAMPLES OF OFFICERS WHO WERE UNFAIRLY DISCIPLINED? HOW ABOUT WHEN HP HAD IT PUT IN HIS EVAL THAT HE LEFT WATER AROUND THE BATHROOM SINK AND LATER ON IT WAS BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY CHIEF GEE WILLIKERS WHEN HE WAS BEING HEMMED UP FOR SOME OTHER UNRELATED INCIDENT.

OR HOW ABOUT WHEN ONE OFFICER GETS DISCIPLINED FOR LEAVING HIS WEAPON IN THE PATROL CAR AFTER HIS SHIFT BUT WHEN ANOTHER OFFICER DOES IT NO ONE SAYS A WORD AND A SERGEANT KNEW ABOUT IT. I WONT CONTINUE TO LIST EXAMPLES BECAUSE THE POINT IS NOT TO EMBARRASS ANYONE.

POLICE OFFICERS ARE HUMAN BEINGS WHO MAKE MISTAKES. ITS HOW YOU HANDLE THOSE MISTAKES AS A SUPERVISOR THAT MAKES YOU WORTHY OF WEARING THAT GOLD BADGE.

THERE WAS A TIME BEFORE CHIEF GEE WILLIKERS. A TIME WHEN YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND THE CHIEF WOULD CALL YOU INTO HIS OFFICE FOR ONE OF HIS TALKS. YOU GOT YOUR BACK SIDE CHEWED AND YOU WERE EMBARRASSED BUT NOTHING WENT INTO YOUR FILE UNLESS YOU DIDNT LEARN YOUR LESSON.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE ADMIN WE HAVE NOW IS THEY RULE BY FEAR. SGT POS WAS AFFAID TO MAKE A DECISION ON HIS OWN BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED THAT IF HE MADE THE WRONG DECISION HE WOULD BE PUNISHED. THAT IS WHY HE CALLED THE CHIEF.

THE DAYS OF OFFICERS HAVING DISCRETION IN G-PORT ARE OVER. IF THE DECISION YOU MAKE IS NOT WHAT A MEMBER OF THE ADMIN SEES APPROPRIATE THEN YOU ARE IN HOT WATER.

OFFICERS HAVE TO MAKE HARD DECISIONS EVERYDAY AND THE LAST THING THEY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IS A SUPERVISOR WRITING THEM UP BECAUSE THEY HANDLED IT IN SOME OTHER FASHION THEN THEY WOULD HAVE.

ITS OK BECAUSE THE REST OF PINELLAS COUNTY WILL CONTINUE TO GET THE GOOD OFFICERS FROM GPD AS LONG AS THIS ADMIN CONTINUES TO TREAT THEIR OFFICERS THIS WAY!

Old Skool, What makes you worthy to wear that Bage is Honor and Integrity you freakin twit. You get in here with the rest of these bottom feeders and talk about getting a free ride and acting like you are above the law. YOU AREN'T!

The more I read through out these forums the more I realize that what posts here are the worst these agencies has to offer. The ones with even a sliver of integrity don't bother posting here because they are too busy doing their jobs. The ones posting here are the ones that squeeked by through life and spend their time *****ing and moaning the entire shift.

SFTU and go to work!

Thin Blue Line

To the SGT POS supporter,

I completely understand where your coming from. As a new officer with only 6 years on the job you always want to do the right thing because your a cop.

The whole badge / honor/ glory thing has gone to your head a little. Take a step back and look at the big picture. As police officers we have a duty to serve and protect. Yes we uphold the law and use 99% of our job with DESCRETION.

This job is the greatest in the world. That is why we do it. We help others for self satisfaction. Now lets look at it from the inside. You work for a small agency that lacks leadership. Understandably you want to be the one who leads. You want to advance in your career and make Sergeant etc.

Being a cop was created long before you were born. This job has been around for centuries. We are just picking up where the old timers left off. Now it's your turn! My father would turn over in his grave to see what young officers like yourself are doing today. You have no respect for what they have created.

When I came on the job many years ago, I too wanted to do the right thing. I still do but with the realization that I won't BURN BRIDGES. You cannot advance if everyone hates you for a mistake that was made.

Read the thousands of post on the FHP board that talks about Trooper Burgoes and the mistake he made when he wrote an off duty Miami Lt. a ticket while his dieing son lied in a hospital bed. He never got to say goodbye to his son because the trooper had to give the LT. a ticket. That was a huge mistake and he will pay for it for the rest of his career.

The moral of this story is be proud of who you are. Be proud to be a cop. Stop trying to stick up for your agency. Stick up for me your brother officer. Our brotherhood runs deep. Please carry on the tradition.

Standing behind the THIN BLUE LINE,
    Captain J. Williams
    LAPD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast