Ratting out each other for speeding - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thank you Couldbe for having the courage to speak and the defend the new attitude and standards in law enforcment!

The new attitude and standards in law enforcment!?

Now this is much nicer then a smiley icon, don't you agree?

The answer is simple here folks.!!! PRB Investigator (I.A.) was the one who got him on radar going 100 on his way home and pulled him over. Thats his job man!!! Shame on the deputy for getting caught doing something he writes tickets for when it is common knowledge to ALL that PRB is running radar on us. They should! As said before , all you have to do is TURN YOUR LIGHTBAR ON !!! Do you think TARB cares if you were authorized code or not, or just if you were speeding , was it lawful because tyour lightbar was on...??? Better to break policy than Florida Statute. Especially when negligent homicide is a possible consequence.

Let me get this straight...You got IAD running radar on your own Deputies at 3AM yet some of you feel that a union is not needed.

Who protects your interests when you get called into IAD? Please don't tell me the Deputy goes into the rat hole alone to be questioned.

If Sheriff Hunter is such a sweet guy to work for why is he checking up on his own people 24/7? Without union protection even the biggest ass kissers could get fired without true cause. Just because the Sheriff felt like it that day.

The United States Supreme Court ruled in 1975, in the case of NLRB v. J. Weingarten, that employees have a right to union representation at investigatory interviews. These rights have become known as the Weingarten Rights.

During an investigatory interview, the Supreme Court ruled that the following rules apply:

RULE 1: The employee must make a clear request for union representation before or during the interview. The employee cannot be punished for making this request.

RULE 2: After the employee makes the request, the employer must choose from among three options. The Employer must either: grant the request and delay questioning until the union representative arrives and has a chance to consult privately with the employee; deny the request and end the interview immediately; or give the employee a choice of having the interview without representation or ending the interview.

RULE 3: If the employer denies the request for union representation, and continues to ask questions, it commits an unfair labor practice and the employee has a right to refuse to answer. The employer may not discipline the employee for such a refusal.

Get a life and stop bothering us with your union crap. We do not want it, need it or even care about it. Furthermore, the only one who wants a union is you and you do not even work for us or even live in this state!

We are happy the way we are. Leave us alone and go away...PLEASE.

Unions

George, he's making a statement based upon his past experiences -where he came from and worked-, not in Collier or Florida. From what I've read, there was -need- for unions in those places as the people who were in control of those officers lives, were in fact politicians, citizens who knew nothing about police work or officers rights. While he may be off base as it applies to Florida and the south in general, he is quite right when applying the same scenario to most larger northern cities. Dont get too mad at him,,he knows not the atmosphere here in Florida or in the south. Having come from a lengthy law enforcement career in Florida, I know that unions were not needed at any time during my career in Florida. Men who were running the agency came from the same streets as did we, the people who -worked- the streets under them and they understood our tasks, environment. Todays environment, however has become quite different. New threats, different attitudes towards police, etc. Hopefully we wont ever need the union down here.

Georgie...how do you figure I do not live in Florida? Was it a crystal ball or did you just figure it would add weight to your argument? I live in Naples and even though I'm retired I read and observe. I can't believe that the average Deputy does not want at least some protection against being fired.

I've talked to some of the transplants from up North that are on your department and they wished they could get a union started. The standard comment from most of these guys was they can't get the older guys to go along with it and the younger ones who are "in good" with the Sheriff don't want to upset what they have.

Good God, you have IAD running radar on Deputies at 3AM. Then the Deputy goes in there alone and makes a statement. If the union was in place the first question without a union rep. present would have been the last.

The deputies would control the union nobody else. The union would be there for your protection and betterment. If things are going along smoothly then the union would be there keeping quiet. But if IAD became the Sheriff’s personal Gestapo, then the union could protect the deputies. How anyone would not want something that would help protect their jobs is beyond me.

We all have the right to have another representative in the interview with us. It's gauranteed in the officers bill of rights, many take advantage of it and even use the best defense attorney in town who often does it for free for us. Catch is- they cant say anything during the process- just listen and watch. Those of us that choose to go in alone know that truth and honesty usually means keeping your job unless the violation was shockingly criminal or lewd. Dishonesty and self righteous demanding of rights can get you that job at walmart real quick. Real cops admit to their short comings and poor decisions either physically or verbally and dont need a "REP" to excuse our behavior. I'd rather trash the badge than keep it with tarnish.

Oh please...the self rightous one speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh please...the self rightous one speaks.
    WE ALL HAVE SPOKEN AND ARE ALL SELF RIGHTOUS...GO AWAY !!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast