PRB - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PRB

Thats nice... but your theory has a major flaw (As well as all of the other junk you have written)

None of those jobs can take away your freedom, cost you money in fines and have a direct impact on your quality of life or future. You need to compare apples to apples and not apples to watermelon!

As one of the other people said "You are the reason why we have PRB"

:arrow: Get a clue

PRB

Its not the fact that people are so worried about PRB because they, the individual members are corrupt. It's because it seems that in the last couple of years, PRB has gone completely crazy with attacks on its agency members "just because they can", not because its necessary. After a couple years of the members of the agency knowing that PRB is "out to get anyone they can", for "anything", it's like the members spend more time worrying about PRB than real bad guys. Maybe that's all they are capable of, who knows.

This is a trickle down effect and comes from the hi-archy is PRB and other parts of the agency. People who dont understand or respect the job that patrol officers do. Men who have never stepped out of a patrol car to face sure injury or death or insult. They've been "GIVEN" the power to control others without earning it. That type of Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That rule of thumb has been around hundreds of years and is still true. To solve the problem the upper echelon MUST be in step with, understand how patrol or lower echelon think, then the lower echelon can be controlled, designed and monitored without having to behead them. These are not new rules based on new attitudes, they are the basis of human nature.

On the other hand if this current trend is allowed to continue, it will run rampant in the agency and at some point, and you know its happening now, the agency will turn inward against itself, cutting at itself from within. Soon no one will trust anyone, officers will move a little slower to back each other up, and THEN when someone is really involved in corruption, fellow officers will not put a stop to it because they fear that if PRB thinks you knew about, you must be a part of it.

I spent a lot of years in law enforcement and we did not attack each other the way it is shown of this forum. You gentlemen should be supporting each other and demand that your superiors know your job better than you do. How can an apprentice learn from someone above them who knows nothing about their job. The superior doesnt know when you're scared, angry or just venting and doesnt know when you're doing a good job or a bad job.

Training is great. Its a classroom, but we all know that the best classroom that instills permanent training in an officer, comes from the street or "on the job". It's memories are much more impressive and permanent than someone from somewhere else preaching to you. Sorry for preaching but it effects us old retiree's when we see our followers chewing each other up like this. We still believe in the "do the right thing" regardless who's doing it. Sure some of the rules have changed, but the "street" rules and "human nature" rules are the same.

So when you hear someone complaining about PRB, understand where they are coming from. That person is more than likely not corrupt or doing something that they are afraid of getting caught for, its the perception of not being understood by those judging them. It's disturbing. Be a team, back each other when backing the right thing to do. Police amonst yourselves to insure your buddy is going the correct path and then you wont have to worry about PRB. If there's nothing for them to do, their numbers will decrease. It's government and it works that way. Be careful out there and protect your buddys flesh like your own.

PRB issues

I forgot to address one further thing. The comment about "cops not deserving one thing" and other comments from the guest. There was mention also about how PRB thinking they were above everyone else in the agency. Do you ever wonder how people in the line at a Burger King or McDonalds feel when the mother of three snot nosed kids barely have enough money to buy a hamburger and they're scraping nickels to get it, then you walk up wearing a uniform, bearing a five or six hundred dollare firearm and gold jewelry and get get a discount for your lunch. It would be embarassing for me and shold be to you. When this happened to me years ago, I turned around and handed the Mom a $10 bill to complete her bill to feed her brood. I dont expect everyone to do that, but I know it made me feel bad.

I was afraid that some folks in those lines would think of me the same way you feel about PRB. I'm not saying your feelings are not justified, knowing the atmosphere there now but you might think about it a bit. At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself and there will be times when you're off duty and you;'ll see these same people. Someday, you wont be in uniform or be a law enforcement officer and you'll have to interact with these people. I for one am glad that I treated people on the street with respect and dignity while I was an officer. I still see them today and they remember good things instead of bad. Even the ones that I put in jail or prison still think and say positive things about my time in that job.

I bet you talk in your sleep.

What a waste of space. In fear of getting you off on another tangent, lets just say that now I am upset with myself because I wasted about four minutes of my life reading what you had to write... and now I will never get those minutes back!

I should have just smoked a cigarette and called it even.

PRB

Actually, 36 years of doing that job has led me to continue thinking in my sleep. I expect you will understand some day but not now. I wont bore you with further advice. It apparently is mis-spent at this point. Have a good day and be safe brother.

I apologize for the harshness of my reply to you Classified.

After reading all the negative posts by Guest, I just assumed that this was another one of those negative posts against our agency and responded accordingly. After reading what you wrote again, I see now that was not your intent and for that I apologize.

It is amazing how one person can come to this message board and stir things up. I wish we could get back to the positive messages and dialog that we once had. Maybe this will be the start of that.

Sincerly,
    Paradise

yup

we just need to wade through the bulls#*% and ignore all the know-it-alls...and you know who you are.....

Classified,

I appreciate you statements, and mostly your right to make them. Power does corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - not pointing fingers, just stating an age-old fact. A badge never made anybody right, and a gold badge never made anybody omniscient. The answer to most conundrums lies somewhere in the middle between the extremes.

You are an articulate gentleman...post on my friend!

PRB

Thank you. My articulation comes from over thirty years of "old dinosaur" cops beating things into my head. When I was young and a smartass rookie, I though the "old guys" were stupid, over the hill and just generally out of touch. When in fact, it was I that was -yet to be in touch. I understand how men come to some of these conclusions posted on this site and they have the right to make these conclusions. But as we all know, "just because someone says it, doesnt make it true or right".

Years of wading thru the BS has taught me to ignore the BS. Its useless to challenge it. We all know what part of a bovine body the BS comes from. Take it for what it worth. Anyway, would like to see deputies and any law enforcement officers consider themselves when dealing with each other and the general public. That sounds like an unfinished statement, but it isnt. Consider yourself. Consider how you're perceived, accepted and deal accordingly. You'll get a better safer response. People are people. Some bad, some good but all human. Some just never learned our lessons. Careful out there, there's boogers out there.

Come back and share more wisdom - just don't use the "u" word or somebody will say something mean to you.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast