Recruitment - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment

If you look Lauderhill at the moment has a better benefits package then FLPD. Higher pay at the moment, full medical, take home after probation and equipment provided.

In this day and age it should all be about what is best for you and your family and which department gives you the most.

Not putting down FLPD but just saying for the guy that got a 75 there are plenty of good departments in South Florida.

let it be known that the city of fort lauderdale is on the rebound. Yes it's true that we are the second to lowest paid police department in Broward county. Yes it's true that Moral is some what shaky around the department. But guess what! ! every dept goes through it's own Ups and Downs every now and then . everybody is so concerned about FLPD THIS AND FLPD THAT, well I'm here to tell you that we are in our contract year, and we begin negotiation this Sept-Oct. Now depending on what we get, FLPD will be back on TOP as far as PAY in the county.

I can remember a time when we were the BIG DOGS around Broward , and all the other police depts used our contract to negotiate theirs. Just remember the old saying history tends to repeat its self

Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    let it be known that the city of fort lauderdale is on the rebound. Yes it's true that we are the second to lowest paid police department in Broward county. Yes it's true that Moral is some what shaky around the department. But guess what! ! every dept goes through it's own Ups and Downs every now and then . everybody is so concerned about FLPD THIS AND FLPD THAT, well I'm here to tell you that we are in our contract year, and we begin negotiation this Sept-Oct. Now depending on what we get, FLPD will be back on TOP as far as PAY in the county.

I can remember a time when we were the BIG DOGS around Broward , and all the other police depts used our contract to negotiate theirs. Just remember the old saying history tends to repeat its self
    You work for a city that can't stand FLPD. You aren't going anywhere but down.

Guess Wrote:
    Not putting down FLPD but just saying for the guy that got a 75 there are plenty of good departments in South Florida.

Thanks for the advise I know there's better agencies out there I just wanted to try FLPD. I scored low due to my poor driving history but ill keep pushing

hot boi's

some of the rookies lookin mighty fine for sure...!!!

Re: hot boi's

Quote Originally Posted by police
    some of the rookies lookin mighty fine for sure...!!!
    thanks

Re: Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The FLPD Hiring process is really a joke, Its sad that the Oral Board members cant even look you in the eye and say “Sorry but you scored to low try again next time” Instead they fill you with hope that maybe some day with in the next six months someone will contact you….I know I scored low (75) I know I failed I just wanted for some one to be honest anyways Mark F. thanks for telling the truth and I have already put in for several other agencies....Oh one more thing how long before I can re-apply with FLPD?
    The people doing the oral board can't tell you if you passed or not because they don't have your written score, which is combined with the oral board score. The oral may have scored you high, but if you did poorly on the CJBAT your score will come down.

Re: Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Mark F
    The FLPD Hiring process is really a joke, Its sad that the Oral Board members cant even look you in the eye and say “Sorry but you scored to low try again next time” Instead they fill you with hope that maybe some day with in the next six months someone will contact you….I know I scored low (75) I know I failed I just wanted for some one to be honest anyways Mark F. thanks for telling the truth and I have already put in for several other agencies....Oh one more thing how long before I can re-apply with FLPD?
    The people doing the oral board can't tell you if you passed or not because they don't have your written score, which is combined with the oral board score. The oral may have scored you high, but if you did poorly on the CJBAT your score will come down.
    Oh wow I feel like crap now at least I learned something new today

ok so how about an 80 on the CJBAT and a 75 on the oral thats a total of 155

ok so how about an 80 on the CJBAT and a 75 on the oral thats a total of 155
    The CJBAT is worth 40% of your score and the Oral Board is worth 60%, so if calculations are correct you scored an 77 overall.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast