Racism is not an issue at BSO - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: the police

Quote Originally Posted by ccn = non zip code
    everyone is affraid to say the truth, and live in a world that needs to
    be sugar coated, the detention boss is a token figurehead,
    the Lt col is runnin the show, and alotta captains and commanders on the road, were 5 star outta 10 cop's...did the very least to get by,
    if you don't do anything, like be a do nuttin, you can't get in trouble.
    and thus rise thru the ranks.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I work for the agency when people like you open your mouth to speak. You obviously need an education, and BSO will pay for it. But, we all know that BSO is desperate for help, especially in detention. I see the Detention deputies, and it appears as though they are handed an application upon release. It's pitiful.

Racism is not an issue at B.S.O. the issue is reverse racism...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Racism is not an issue at B.S.O. the issue is reverse racism...
    There is no such thing. Racism is racism.

Bso

Oh come on everyone knows that minorities out score white people on tests. The BSO process for the Sergeants' exam is for the whites. Their afraid, can't you see the writing on the wall. Affirmative Action doesn't exist. It's all made up......

Re: Reverse Discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    Oh come on everyone knows that minorities out score white people on tests. The BSO process for the Sergeants' exam is for the whites. Their afraid, can't you see the writing on the wall. Affirmative Action doesn't exist. It's all made up......
    I know this is a BSO blog but to make a point I want to tell a true story of reverse discrimination that happened at Fort Lauderdale PD several years ago. A Sgt. promotion test was to be given and if you were african american you could get FREE tutoring for the trst. However, ir you were of caucasian decent, you had to pay for the tutoring instruction. It did not really make a difference as the results were rather bleak for the blacks that took the test, even with all the extra help they received for free in preparation for the test only a very few passed the test. So, it appears in this case there was preferential treatment to people because of the color of their skin. We all know the way it should be........ if you study hard and have common sense and know your job, then, may the best qualified person get the promotion. The color treatment should be totally eliminated so no one can claim discrimination any more.

If a Black man gets a position of power there’s always that question from Whites,” Is he really qualified”. Well obviously not cause he’s Black. Anytime Whites apply for a position they are automatically qualified b/c of their race no questions ask. Now minorities have to go beyond the call of glory to prove all their qualifications and the standards are raised if they meet them. Give me a break!!!! If Colin Powell applied for any BSO leadership positions, there will be one of you racist fascist questioning his credibility based only on his race.
    So not true...there are completely qualified black employees of the sheriff's office whose capabilities I do not doubt for a second.

However, I AM the only white female at my district and I am consistently discriminated against and excluded because of my race. I can count so many people I know that were specifically hired BECAUSE they were black and clearly did not meet the qualifications of the job. Ken Jenne has become so eager to appear to lead a racially diverse agency that he has allowed his standards to slip through the cracks and for whites and hispanics to be subjected to racism.

Also, it is pretty clear that you don't really know the meaning of the word fascist.

And Colonel Powell is an amazing man and I am sure he would be welcomed by everyone who isn't convinced he is just a house n***er which alot blacks do.

Quote Originally Posted by ccn = non zip code
    the Lt col is runnin the show, and alotta captains and commanders on the road, were 5 star outta 10 cop's...did the very least to get by,
    I can see by your writing skills that BSO hires the best……..I thought that you needed a minimum of a GED to get hired; I was wrong!
    your right with him einstein !

[quote=Another One]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ccn = non zip code":4wffy32a

I'm embarrassed to admit that I work for the agency when people like you open your mouth to speak. You obviously need an education, and BSO will pay for it. But, we all know that BSO is desperate for help, especially in detention. I see the Detention deputies, and it appears as though they are handed an application upon release. It's pitiful.[/quote:4wffy32a]

be embarrassed all you want, he speaks the truth or did you just get hired
    yesterday ?

Re: I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DS
    I did the bare minimum. Didn't piss of anybody. I got promoted. Figure it out the more you do the more complaints. If you don't want to get promoted then work hard.
    Our point exactly...need we say more?

Unbelievable ignorance

At the beginning;

I have lived in South Florida all my life, and during my youth, teenage, and adult years I have admired and respected the Men and Women of the Broward Sheriff's Office for their professionalism, integrity, and overall good character. I have been employed with the Sheriff's Office for five years as a Deputy and have witnessed many changes, injustices, prejudice comments and acts, as well as blatant disrespect, misrepresentations, lies, and cover-ups among staff members. I am truly amazed at how in just the few short years of my employment this agency has regressed which is truely sickening. For reference purposes the Broward Sheriff's Office is not my only law enforcement agency experience.

Through my experience;

I came from an agency where the issues discussed in this forum, and within this blog are far to common. Regardless of how often or verbal you become, whether you voice your opinion publicly or privately, which I might remind the readers that everyone is entitled to an opinion, you may not see a change for the better. I remain optimistic though.

Observations;

Through my employment I have watched ethnic and racial fast tracking. I have also experienced for myself biased, racial favoritism on behalf of a specific group. The employment of persons with limited or non existent language, interpersonal, and basic communicative abilities is not only wrong but dangerous. Need I remind you of Leonard H, of BSO Deerfield miss voodoo feet herself, and various other districts in which she occupied until her late coming dismissal. This person is a prime example of the hiring process gone horribly wrong.

In closing;

Racial favoritism in the Broward Sheriff's Office is on the rise, and needs to be addressed. No matter the race, religion, ethnicity employees should be treated fairly and equally. This practice should begin from the top of the administrative heirarchy, and as history has shown, this positive practice of equality shall filter to the lower pay grades and create a positive working environment.

Food for thought;

By the way, for those experienced personnel who decided to make comments regarding the ccn/ zip-codes of others, having a four digit ccn is not an honor nor are you entitled to special recognition or privilege. Having a four digit ccn is not a right of passage to be rude to others. Having a four digit ccn is a clear indicator that you are not a youngster anymore. You should also be aware that a four digit ccn is a constant reminder of your mortality, and how close you are to the grave. In short, you with your impressively low ccn were in the position of newbie, rookie, new****, FNG, and overall do-boy once too. You can make a positive change to bury the derrogatory references for and on behalf of current and future employees.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast