Sex offenders in North Port get 'greeting'

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

NORTH PORT -- Every time a sex offender moves to town, Sgt. Tony Sirianni is among the first to say welcome.

Welcome, and don't screw up. Sirianni offers a handshake and strict instructions on what the sex offender or predator must do to avoid a felony charge for failing to comply with the state's sex offender registry laws.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

I say check on them as much as possible. Make them move to Port Charlotte where they belong. We do not need or want them in North Port.

its bad enough we have crappy roads no side walks or drainage or street lights and limited shopping and resturants and no entertainment in this town with sex offender everywhere i love n port , well in a few years sarastoa county will make this a land fill.

who's my neighbor?

Not sure who your neighbor is? Check it out...
    Florida Registered Sexual Offenders & Predators Search:

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/

ya tell me about it. i cant believe we pay city YES CITY taxes for no sideWalks or street lighting. this place is a major JOKE. THIS TOWN IS MORE LIKE A RURAL COMMUNITY WITH NO IDENTITY.