TIAPD SUCKS! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TIAPD SUCKS!

Yea, I guess if I had no pride, was just wanting to write reports for boo-boos, ride a bus in uniform, count cars, work for inept supervisors and generally be a security guard and treated as such, the airport police would be my choice. I just hope, whoever you are, that if I or someone I care about calls for actual police service, we don't get someone like you who would rather do nothing. Cops like you NEED to work at the airport.

the best not making arrest because the local hotel may get m

what happen at the hotel? i thought they were pro police.

SRT at TIAPD

To the "Guest" who posted on 02/11/2007.

I am the one you are talking about who only has a year on and I'll tell you right from the start...I am retired Special Ops Air Force Helicopter Gunner and have been in, and started, every war since 1985, and have the medals (with citations) to prove it.

I have been in two other Sheriff's dept's here in Florida and in New Mexico since 1996 so don't even cry about your shortcomings, if you are more qualified for the position you are complaining about come see me and we'll rethink who is a more qualified individual.

I am a military expert with no less than 5 weapons systems and a bomb Technician who can work with everything from palm sized bombs to Nuc's. I can tear apart a .50 caliber in my sleep and throw-up ballistic data that would make your head spin. I have two degrees, one in Aviation Operations and another in Aircraft Weapons Systems. Guns have been an integral aspect of my life and career for the past 23 years.

I'd be happy to compare experience with weapons to you. If you think you can shoot long distances I would love to talk about clockwise and counter clockwise rotational impact deviations with you...you can wipe that dumb look off your face now.

So before you whine where everyone can sympathize with your side of the story get the story and your information straight.

I am starting my second retirement and have no need for wastes like you dragging the department down, if you don't like it then lead, follow, or get the h@ll out of the way.

Did I mention I was a Corporal, Sergeant, and Lt. in the Sheriff's dept in New Mexico. I haven't even scratched my resume so if I lost you in the first sentence, go home to momma and let her wipe your tears away.

TIAPD has its issues but every dept. does. I'm here to attempt to make it a better place unlike others who are disgruntled that they have not taken the initiative to improve themselves or their paycheck. In other words be part of the solution not part of the problem.

To all the fellow LEO's who read this I am truly sorry you have had a bad time at the Airport but come see me (i'll let you work on finding out who i am) and I will treat you like brothers and sisters.

Peace and be safe.

I have identified myself to you and honestly don't care if the "higher ups" know who this is either at least I'm praising the work instead of degrading the dept., put your money where your mouth is...... :!:

Yeah, your trying to "a. s. s. kiss" your way up, by showing who you are and looking like your a "team" player. Really everyone thinks your an idiot! So ass kiss some more to a 7 month old post you idiot. I didn't even write on this subject untill now, but I think its funny how you tried to resurect a thread as old as this. Your exactly what this agency wants, a paper champion you are. Lets all bow our heads to you, the idiot who actually identifies himself on this forum.

Ohhhh your such a man for letting everyone know who you are ohhhh you got such balls. Give me a break you asshole kisser. I justed vomited a little in my mouth..

I can see you still want to remain anon....enough said about your pride :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: SRT at TIAPD

Quote Originally Posted by U No Who
    To the "Guest" who posted on 02/11/2007.

I am the one you are talking about who only has a year on and I'll tell you right from the start...I am retired Special Ops Air Force Helicopter Gunner and have been in, and started, every war since 1985, and have the medals (with citations) to prove it.

I have been in two other Sheriff's dept's here in Florida and in New Mexico since 1996 so don't even cry about your shortcomings, if you are more qualified for the position you are complaining about come see me and we'll rethink who is a more qualified individual.

I am a military expert with no less than 5 weapons systems and a bomb Technician who can work with everything from palm sized bombs to Nuc's. I can tear apart a .50 caliber in my sleep and throw-up ballistic data that would make your head spin. I have two degrees, one in Aviation Operations and another in Aircraft Weapons Systems. Guns have been an integral aspect of my life and career for the past 23 years.

I'd be happy to compare experience with weapons to you. If you think you can shoot long distances I would love to talk about clockwise and counter clockwise rotational impact deviations with you...you can wipe that dumb look off your face now.

So before you whine where everyone can sympathize with your side of the story get the story and your information straight.

I am starting my second retirement and have no need for wastes like you dragging the department down, if you don't like it then lead, follow, or get the h@ll out of the way.

Did I mention I was a Corporal, Sergeant, and Lt. in the Sheriff's dept in New Mexico. I haven't even scratched my resume so if I lost you in the first sentence, go home to momma and let her wipe your tears away.

TIAPD has its issues but every dept. does. I'm here to attempt to make it a better place unlike others who are disgruntled that they have not taken the initiative to improve themselves or their paycheck. In other words be part of the solution not part of the problem.

To all the fellow LEO's who read this I am truly sorry you have had a bad time at the Airport but come see me (i'll let you work on finding out who i am) and I will treat you like brothers and sisters.

Peace and be safe.

I have identified myself to you and honestly don't care if the "higher ups" know who this is either at least I'm praising the work instead of degrading the dept., put your money where your mouth is...... :!:
    Dude, step back from the computer and take a deep breath and count to ten. Geezzz, your gonna pop a vein or something. The guy that posted on 02/11/07 just said that he didn't agree with sending an officer with under a year on yuor department to FTO school.

It's great if ya have all the experience that ya say you do but I'm sure being an airport cop is different than working out in the community. I was an NCO MP in the Army so I know it's definately different being a cop in the civilian world than the military. I too have a combat patch to prove it. That and five bucks will get me a latte at starbucks.

I don't work for your department but I have been a civilian LEO for over ten years and an FTO for about half of that time. You can be as schooled as ya want in weapons and be the best shot on the force but firearms are only a small part of police work. The best weapon is your brain and common sense. I haven't seen to many mark 19's or 50 cals mounted on top of crown vics. Although with the way criminals are attacking us cops on the street it might not be that bad of and idea. :lol:

You say that since 1996 you have been employed at three different sheriff's offices. Two in Florida and one in New Mexico. During that time you were promoted up through the ranks to Lieutenant at the New Mexico Department. Where can I sign up for that plan at? They wont even look at promoting us to corporal at my department til ya have about 8 years on and thats for the golden boys. If your a good cop with no connections you could possibly make corporal in 10 to 13 years. There are officers running around my department with masters degrees that are good hard working cops that don't get promoted.

I tell ya what, if your department had take home cars I would apply for you all in a heartbeat. State retirement, less stressfull calls for service, comparable pay, sounds like a plan to me. Well thats just my 2 cents worth. I will now leave your board and go back to mine. I just could'nt resist responding to your post.

What I must know, is how he is able to pat himslef on the back while at the same time placing his whole head up the administration's arse..AMAZING!!! I'm dying to know but, as with your last post, take all the time you need to formulate a respose..up to six months if necessary.

Yeah he made it sound if guns were the end all in law enforcement. What an idiot, makes the department look foolish too.

What Sheriffs department did you work at in NM? Did they only have 3 people or was the morale so bad their that promotions kept coming due to attrition?

Give me a break hot head, HEYYYY SOMEBODY GET A PIN, WE GOTTA POP A BUBBLE BEFORE IT EXPLODES, HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read the post I answered to he had directed his displeasure with... specifically me by saying something was wrong with me being a sniper within our SRT...he doesn't even know me, my qualifications, nor have we worked on the same squad together.

He has absolutly no idea what he is talking about and his only response to my reply was calling me an idiot. Sounds like he is the one with issues.

I listed those experiences in the hopes that he would think about what he says, not only of someone he does not know but of another officer actually in the same department in an open forum.

I am proud of my military life and will gladly do it again, I listed my weapons background because it has the most to do with being a sniper, I am comfortable around any weapons system and have over 20 years being part of a six man team who count on each others integrity and covering their backs when needed. Discipline is another integral part of an SRT.

Don't know about you but it doesn't make me feel any better being in the company of individuals such as him when our department has only 66ish officers.

As far as New Mexico goes, a new Sheriff stepped in and fired some deputies who, in his opinion were not producing, which opened up great promotions for many others within the dept. I am not the only one who benefited from that change of authority.

You can be as sarcastic as you want to in reply but I stand behind myself and would not stoop low enough to talk about fellow officers with disrespect, they make a name for themselves by their words and actions.

The dept. chose to put me in the positions I now hold and if given the same opportunity you would do the same. I would rather take the chance to succeed and further my career than decline and get passed up later when it may count more.

We officers at the Airport get the same calls "NORMAL" departments get, just not in the volume you deal with. I am by no means saying we do the same amount of work, just saying we deal with the same calls. Agg. Bat., Traffic anything, medicals, fires, suicides, thefts of anything, domestics, runaways, custody battles, fights, generally pissed off people, drugs, DUI's, DWI's the list goes on as you all know.

What we have to deal with is a business atmosphere where liability is the biggest concern. This means a 15 minute report in a "NORMAL" department will take an hour or more due to the computer programs we are forced to put info in and the completeness of the information. It is just another means to an end. I am not willing to get sued for something I could have avoided.

I do not and will not say departments are better than another but offer some insight to those who may not realize how much is involved in an environment such as this or any other Airport police dept.

This will be the last post of mine in this or any other forum dealing with LEO matters. I did it only to defend my position as it was brought to my attention by a fellow LEO.

This will make some of you happy and some wont care, it doesn't matter which of these you are a part of.

Peace and be safe brothers and sisters. 10-7

Fair enough bro. Good luck to you and the other officers at TIA. It's been a fairly long time so I guess the original posters complaint of you being a recruit is mute. Peace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast