TIAPD SUCKS!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TIAPD SUCKS!

TIAPD SUCKS!

Your Officers are so incompetent!

why, what happened?

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOW!!! You have obviously never slipped and fell or misplaced an item at the airport to make that unprovoked statement. Buddy you just wait till the crap hits the fan out here!! After our SRT Team arrives, better give them an extra hour to fight traffic in their pov's if its rush hour, you'll see!!! Furthermore, where else can you get a 12 page report chock full of information for an out of county warrant arrest or an old lady who skinned her knee completed in little more than 12 hours!!! TIAPD officers are so high speed that have made them FTOs, Detectives and yes even supervisors when they barley even have a year on. You guys who bash the TIAPD just don't understand the complexities of the job or are just disgruntled employees. Come on, get with the program!!! If it looks like a real cop, trys to act like a real cop then it must be a real cop, right???? Or was that a turd?

TIAPD SUCKS

:roll: Look dont blame all the officers that work at TIAPD.Why you ask ?Because they can only do what their supervisors tell them. The top brass dont care and the rest of the supervisors are playing cop. You have one supervisor leaving this month and its the best thing that could happen to us at TIAPD.
    Yes ,it sucks here and it will not change.Maybe in ten years or so. If you are retired and need a security job with cop's uniform this is the place. Not police work as police work should be. Picking up luggage,closing door's,Holding Hands when HCAA calls,and the best not making arrest because the local hotel may get mad. Covering up Felonies so the newspaper will think everything is great at TIA. Other wise it's a great place to work. NOT............................................... ...

The are many issues for this though....I believe the Chief does want to make this place better and to create good morale. The A/C and him need to stop listening to the gossip which spews from the other supervisors. You have alot of good cops that now do nothing because they believe their supervisors and management are out to get them.

You need supervisors with an open ear who are actually willing to take suggestions and feed those same suggestions in an objective way up the chain. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN!

You need supervisors and management who will praise officers for their good work and ecourage comradery. This also hardly ever happens. A few officers are occasionaly awarded for their actions, but this usually only happens to the department "model" officers or butt kissers. Every year I see how pissed officers get after the award ceremony because the awards were handed out for BS reasons or were not handed out to the correct people.

I know some cops who are so afraid of the Chief and A/C they will change their direction of travel to avoid them. They think the Chief and A/C look down upon them and to them the best interaction is no interaction. This is sad!

Don't look down upon officers if they don't want to be apart of the bike squad, FTO, or SRT. If they say its not for them, don't dismiss it as a bad attitude!

The practice of giving newbies everything without a watching them develop as an officer first has got to stop. I could not believe they sent a person off my squad to FTO school who has only been here a year, now this person thinks he is gonna be a sniper for SRT. There is something wrong with this picture.

I heard the other day shift also has a newbie who is going around telling everybody that the chief promised him a promotion short into his career, because of his extensive training and background in the military. Hmmmm.

Bad supervisors have replaced other bad supervisors, nothing has changed. You have supervisors going to every single call and telling you what to do step by step as if your an idiot. Alot of times these same supervisors have a poor knowledge of law and how to apply it.

Re: TIAPD SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Yesman/The Truth
    :roll: Look dont blame all the officers that work at TIAPD.Why you ask ?Because they can only do what their supervisors tell them. The top brass dont care and the rest of the supervisors are playing cop. You have one supervisor leaving this month and its the best thing that could happen to us at TIAPD.
    Yes ,it sucks here and it will not change.Maybe in ten years or so. If you are retired and need a security job with cop's uniform this is the place. Not police work as police work should be. Picking up luggage,closing door's,Holding Hands when HCAA calls,and the best not making arrest because the local hotel may get mad. Covering up Felonies so the newspaper will think everything is great at TIA. Other wise it's a great place to work. NOT............................................... ...
    Did you really apply there to be a COP ? Go work for a local municipality or Sheriff's Office if its crime that you want to deal with. You can never make people happy. You guys have it made. So what if you have to pick up luggage. So what if you don't make an arrest.

Have some crazy lunatic take a big mean shizzat in the back seat of your car. Pull this person in and out of your car because they have to be medically treated at a local hospital. That is when yoiu wish you had a job at that airport. Sounds like they don't want you doing anything over there. Here's a suggestions. Give them what they want. Bunch of complaining losers you are!

Sounds like you need to get a job at the airport. Paycheck cop. Most people don't come to the airport to do nothing, but they end up there due to poor management. I know what it is to have a bad day, brother I have had more than my share. However, I didn't become a cop to pick up bags and sit on my arse either. Furthermore, I would much rather have a scumbag take a shizzit in the backseat of my city provided car than have to eat the shizzit sandwitch at TIAPD.

All you guys on A squad are in the dumps!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sounds like you need to get a job at the airport. Paycheck cop. Most people don't come to the airport to do nothing, but they end up there due to poor management. I know what it is to have a bad day, brother I have had more than my share. However, I didn't become a cop to pick up bags and sit on my arse either. Furthermore, I would much rather have a scumbag take a shizzit in the backseat of my city provided car than have to eat the shizzit sandwitch at TIAPD.
    You would rather have a homeless guy take a dump in your car then get paid to do nothing ? You have no idea how good you have it. Get out of the airport and work for a real police department. You'll be dieing to come back to the airport. Baby !

I'm already out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast