NPPD Chief Lewis shares plans for improved policing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

NORTH PORT -- North Port's Police Chief Terry Lewis promised that when the city buys new vehicles, they won't have obscuring window tint.

"I want our officers to be as close to the community as they can," he told the North Port Republican Club Tuesday evening. "They won't be hiding behind window tint."
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Chief Lewis is doing an awesome job in North Port. He has brought alot of knowledge from Sarasota which only improves this agency. I do think one of his best qualities is that he keeps in touch with his Officers and is very much in tune with keeping us all in good spirits. If Chief Lewis only stays 5 years I can only hope the next chief keeps the same positive leadership.

agreed, Cief Lewis is doing a great job. The public loves him and he is all about his officers, you can't ask for more then that. I would hate to see him leave in 5 years but if he is going to, bring on Chief Estrada!

Amen, the future looks very bright.

HE WANTS TO BE SHERIFF AT SCSO AND HE WILL RUN SOON I BET YA. HE WANTS THE BIG TIME SPOT AND ITS ONLY TIME. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by AGREE
    HE WANTS TO BE SHERIFF AT SCSO AND HE WILL RUN SOON I BET YA. HE WANTS THE BIG TIME SPOT AND ITS ONLY TIME. :lol:
    Money always has been and always will be the "driving force" behind consolidations. The City of Englewood ceased to exist because they didn't have a big enough tax base. If we ever have a depression, like what we had in 1929, then we could see a lot of consolidations. There is a newspaper article in todays paper where some folks bought some property in North Port in 2001 for 5k and now it's valued at 43k --- and they own several pieces of property like that. Their tax bill is something like 100k and they said they aren't going to pay it. I guess they can't afford it. Is that a crumbling tax base???? As long as people want to come to North Port, then I think we're safe, but...

Lewis won't be running for sheriff in Sarasota or any county for that matter. That was part of his deal when he took the job in N.P.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread with a different subject but the "investors" who bought up all the lots caused the prices to go up to insane prices. In doing that the taxes went up because the value went up. Now if you're not willing to sell a lot for 15-20k, when you only paid 2k for it, then your greed is going to bankrupt you and I don't feel sorry for you. Sell, make your profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The "investors" who bought up all the lots caused the prices to go up to insane prices. In doing that the taxes went up because the value went up. Now if you're not willing to sell a lot for 15-20k, when you only paid 2k for it, then your greed is going to bankrupt you and I don't feel sorry for you. Sell, make your profit!
    LOL -- Good point!!!! These folks are complaining that the property that they bought for 5k is now worth 40k and now they can't afford to pay the taxes, so instead of selling and making a profit, they've decided not to pay their taxes. Smart. Reeeeeeeally smart. :roll:

that stretch of the interstate the chief is talking about why dont you all work crashes on it. i see once in a while radar being run but never a crash being worked. i see the sheriff and fhp out on it more actually. it seems that you all use it as a money maker and thats it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast