PDA

View Full Version : FAPE Web Site

TR32
01-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, I have seen that a couple of you are upset about the web site not being updated often. There is a fault in communication somewhere, but I don't believe the President or myself are at fault.

I update the web site the day I receive the information. As to why the web site isn't updated very often is because I don't receive anything.

The pictures from State Conf. 06, I didn't receive a whole lot. I was only sent some from Holly Hill, and my own post.

I have also heard the complaint as to why I can not be at some delegates meetings or the state conference. One major reason, my post doesn't have a lot of funds and only lets a select few go to the state conference. I don't see why that even matters anyhow being that the historian is the picture taker - and all the announcements I receive come directly from the adult board or the President herself.

I am committed to what I am doing, and when the day comes that I can not actively update the website - I will step down.

Please do not e-mail me asking or telling me to put content up, I will put content up when I receive it.

B Plante
01-25-2007, 02:36 AM
I have to say that what he says is true. I know sometimes it takes us a while to get new stuff on the site, but if we aren't sent anything, then it is very hard. I can vouch for the webmaster when he says that he updates things as soon as he gets them. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of updates recently, because there were a lot of things to talk about. We're still waiting for pictures to get here from the last delegates meeting, so we're sorry that they're not updated. if you want to see stuff on YOUR website, then send stuff in. Please don't go around talking trash if you're going to be hypocritical about it. If you don't know who to send stuff to.. Look on the site under regional news, find your post, and look at who is your VP, or contact person.

01-27-2007, 03:53 PM
\

Please do not e-mail me asking or telling me to put content up, I will put content up when I receive it.

This doesnt make any sense? If we dont email you with content how are you going to know what to put up?

01-28-2007, 03:23 PM
\

Please do not e-mail me asking or telling me to put content up, I will put content up when I receive it.[/quote]

This doesnt make any sense? If we dont email you with content how are you going to know what to put up?

Its to be sent to your vice president, or through the appropriate chain of command. I just maintain the site, I don't put my own content on there.

01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
hey man...what you said was easy to understand..there's just some people who want to start an argument whenever possible...im sure this post will trigger one but im not going to say a thing...you're just the webmaster not the person who suplies all the info on it...its OUR-FAPE's website and you just put stuff on it we want to see. You're right they are wrong

01-30-2007, 03:49 AM
You have to send your stuff to your VP's. That's the chain of command that it follows. The webmaster can only put things up if they come to him from his chain of command.

If you don't know who your VP is, or don't have a VP to send your stuff to, look on the FAPE website, under regional news, and find your post. For those posts without a regional VP, I'm listed as your contact, your liason.

Any other questions, just email me and let me know.

Brianna