PDA

View Full Version : Military Question

01-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Does any know what FHP would do if someone volunteered for a deployment before completeing probation?
By federal law U.S. Code, My job is protected.....

badboy1
01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't tell them that you volunteered to go

01-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Does any know what FHP would do if someone volunteered for a deployment before completeing probation?

Probation or not. I am in the Reserves and the agency can not get rid of you for that (probation or not). Im not sure I would go volunteering for deployments when I am new in a agency but if you are involuntarily recalled to active duty. Thats the way it is. Good luck

01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Why not volunteer...what are they gonna do if they get mad at you...not give you a raise? Oh wait...you don't get raises anyway...maybe they won't promote you...oh wait...promotions are based on a test (booksmarts) not on your performance or attitude...maybe they will make you do nothing but work crashes...oh wait...you do that anyway... Dude, volunteer if you want to, I did and I made better money in the desert than I did with FHP (as an E-4). Plus, FHP will supplement your pay to match what you normally make if you do make less with the military than with the state (and that doesn't include hostile fire pay, living conditions, tax free, etc.).

01-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Why not volunteer...what are they gonna do if they get mad at you...not give you a raise? Oh wait...you don't get raises anyway...maybe they won't promote you...oh wait...promotions are based on a test (booksmarts) not on your performance or attitude...maybe they will make you do nothing but work crashes...oh wait...you do that anyway... Dude, volunteer if you want to, I did and I made better money in the desert than I did with FHP (as an E-4). Plus, FHP will supplement your pay to match what you normally make if you do make less with the military than with the state (and that doesn't include hostile fire pay, living conditions, tax free, etc.).

I am not saying not to volunteer as a soldier,sailor or Marine but its just not the best idea when you start a new job anywhere. Yeah I kow all about pay etc but you got my point. The state is now subtracting your supplement income ie..hostille pay,BAH, etc so and you dont get more than 30 days so when you run out and end up using vacation time after that your on just plain leave w/o pay and your FRS freezes.

01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
The state is now subtracting your supplement income ie..hostille pay,BAH, etc so and you dont get more than 30 days so when you run out and end up using vacation time after that your on just plain leave w/o pay and your FRS freezes.

When the heck did that start? I didn't know that...that's kinda screwed up cause most deployments these days are for at least a year. I guess I can see FHP not paying you while you're gone...but it would be nice if the FRS didn't freeze up!

Deputy Don T. Care
02-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Is the job not what you expected it to be? I'm surprised you'd be wanting to bail when you've only just started. Although legally they can't hold it against you, you can bet it will be remembered by the administration. You should be "ate up" with policing right now, being the FNG you are.

02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Deputy Care

It must have taken a great amount of time to come up with such a clever screen name.

02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
They cant make you use vacation or sick time by law U.S.C.! Its your choose to use your vacation time if you choose. Plus a little insite for those not in the military, take an E-4 and after you add up his/her, basic pay (1900monthly), BAH (900monthly), per diem of 100 dollars a day (3kmonthly), Food allowance 260 monthly, your well over FHP's salary.
So it wont be a bad idea to take a trip and pay off some bills, or save up some money.

01-05-2008, 05:58 PM