PDA

View Full Version : Drug Problems

01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I have been reading this forum for some weeks now and find little mention about your drug problems in this county. Do your deputies arrest drug dealers, or only the users? I get your local news paper sent out of state and all I read is users and users being arrested. It seems like the same people every time, over and over. I read during the elections there that your sheriff was a trooper once, but does he have any idea on how to combat the drug problems for real? Before I decide to settle down in Cherokee County North Carolina, I will wait to see what happens there in the future. Sounds like to many problems within the department, or lack of training from what I have been reading here.

08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
looks like you guys have ur hands full. work in south fl. narc. believe me when i say all we care about is stats. i guess its the same everywhere. we dont have time or resources to combat the real dopers do we. to quote a higher up a few years ago..." the people dont care if ya got a truck load of coke..they dont like looking out the condo window and seeing crackheads..its bad for city image. an arrest is an arrest. no one reads or cares about the amount of dope. by the time ya make a high level case ya couldve arrested 100 crackheads". this really happened. so what can you do? take care of each other. back each other up. and if you have a good lead grab a couple guys you trust,kick butt make the arrest and tell the brass..." wow, guess we got lucky today"...adios muchachos.