PDA

View Full Version : Thank You MSO and BPD

01-21-2007, 03:38 AM
There was a DUI checkpoint last night (Friday 01/19/2007) on Cortez Road, right past Wal-Mart.

I have a drinking problem; and even worse, I have a really bad case of "I'm fine to drive" when I am totally not fine to drive.

Last night was no exception. On my way home from Bradenton Beach bars, I decided that Wal-Mart was the perfect place to go for some munchies.

Concerned friends followed behind me in their car. When they saw that I had safely made it to Wal-Mart, they continued East on Cortez.
They went through the check point which thankfully I missed.

These friends called me today to inform me that had I driven 50 yards further than I drove, than I would be in jail.

That phone call scared the living $hit out of me. Literally, I was shaking and crying in my room imagining all that I could have lost by drinking and driving.
Just because I'm in the LE field, that does not mean that I am above the law. Had I driven through that checkpoint, my life would be over right now.
I would lose EVERYTHING. My career, my relationship, my freedom, EVERYTHING. Not to mention the fact that [/b] I have NO BUSINESS endangering the lives of other innocent drivers.

I want to thank the respective agencies who initiated that DUI checkpoint.
That phone call from my friends today changed my life. Had there been no checkpoint, I wouldn't have had the sense knocked into me.

Because of that checkpoint, I attended my first AA meeting today. I made a promise to myself and to God that I WILL NOT EVER put innocent lives at risk again. I will not lose my career, my freedom, and the respect of the people I love because I think that I have the right to drink and drive.

Tomorrow I will be at church - I haven't been to church in years. I will be praying for the strength, courage, and wisdom to STOP being so reckless.
I will also be thanking God for this wake up call, and praying for the safety of all of my fellow law enforcement Officers.

Thank you for changing my life.

01-21-2007, 04:01 PM
yeah, so this feel sorry for yourself post makes everything ok?? :roll:
The higher ups should look into this matter. Just because you were lucky enough not to hurt or kill anyone because of your reckless thinking does not make it ok. I lost a friend and almost lost a family member because of idiots like you that think its ok to drive drunk, so don't expect a "good job buddy" post from here.

01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
yeah, so this feel sorry for yourself post makes everything ok?? :roll:
The higher ups should look into this matter. Just because you were lucky enough not to hurt or kill anyone because of your reckless thinking does not make it ok. I lost a friend and almost lost a family member because of idiots like you that think its ok to drive drunk, so don't expect a "good job buddy" post from here.

No, feeling sorry for myself in this post does not make everything okay.
There is no excuse for my actions, all that I wanted to convey is that had I not had this wakeup call, than perhaps I would continue to be 'one of those idiots' who thinks that it is okay to drive drunk.

I don't want a "good job buddy" response. As a matter of fact, the more I hear what a $hitty thing that it was for me to do to drive, the more I hear of people like you who have lost family members to DUI manslaughter, the more I am determined to stay sober.

I don't want sympathy, I don't want a "good job, pal."
I just want to say thanks for the checkpoint, Friday night
changed my life.

01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Jay let these pathetic Delta loving core value worshiping idiots have their fun. While you collect prob more money and have 1 10-th the B.S. to put up with we will see who is laughing. We all know its just a matter of day's before one of these "elite" will be up at the farm picking radishes and crying how they didnt do anything wrong!! It's f*ing hillarious....Remember the mso way hero to zero in under 3 seconds...ha ha ha ha

01-23-2007, 01:55 AM
I find it hillarious that you children have nothing better to do but talk about other Police Officers. I would usually not waste time or energy but I guess I need to quell the children whom think they know me. Those of you that are aparently obsessed with thinking about me or any other Bradenton Beach Officer I guess that is in a warped way flattering. As far as being unhappy I guess you make that statement from??? exactly thats what I thought. Obviously you dont know me and I couldnt be any happier short of hitting the lottery I dont think.

I have said it in the past and will say it again if I have something to address, it wouldnt be done hiding like a coward does behind an anonymous name.<such as the one starting this trouble> If I type on here, I type with either my name or BB06. Not anonymous, not b6 or other nonsense. I found and use two great programs call trakzor and spector and they log as well as record IP addresses and their history. So any of you so called investigators that want to track **ANY** IP address and or this very useless gossip site these program will do that. If anyone wants to see for themselves that these IP addresses are different then myself you are free to compare mine towards these others.

I know for a documented fact most of these bash post's are originating from a rr.com <road runner> and a yahoo.com IP. So anyone wishing info on how to check these facts feel free to contact me at (941) 778-1005 ext 263. If those that want to bash want to keep playing childish games with one another I will be more than happy to post all these (anonymous) IP addresses that can be easily and legally tracked with very little effort. I can see why the informative people who had originallu used this site for what it was intended for have all stopped posting. I guess these sites are not monitored my a Moderator anymore and that is too bad for those actually sharing constructive information. Thanks and be safe.

01-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Atleast you didnt have some complacent deputy that wasnt paying attention slam in to you at 75mph / while stopped and total out your patrol car. To top it off you dont even get an apology from the agency after almost being killed by there people.

01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
U ALL NEED TO ACT LIKE GROWN MEN ITS HARD TO BELEIVE SOME OF U CARRY GUNS! MAYBE WE SHOULD START PUTTING YOUR BULLET IN YOUR FRONT POCKET!!! ACT LIKE A PRO AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT THERES NO NEED TO RUN IT

01-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Atleast you didnt have some complacent deputy that wasnt paying attention slam in to you at 75mph / while stopped and total out your patrol car. To top it off you dont even get an apology from the agency after almost being killed by there people.

I AM SORRY BB07. NOW I WISH I WOULD HAVE SLAMMED INTO THE REAR OF THE HBPD UNIT AND PROBABLY ENDED UP KILLING HIM SINCE HE WAS ALREADY STANDING OUTSIDE OF HIS PATROL VEHICLE. NEXT TIME I WILL KNOW BETTER WHO TO REAR END.

ThisIsWhyImHot
01-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I find it very amusing that someone in the LE field would drink and drive to begin with. If you are an officer or deputy then you put people in jail for that on a regular basis. And just because you have a badge doesn't mean you can do it.

If you are a dispatcher then you know it's illegal and you know the outcome of drinking and driving as you receive the calls about it happening.

Personally, I have no sympathy for you or your drinking problem. And hopefully one day you will learn your lesson without killing someone or yourself.

01-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I find it very amusing that someone in the LE field would drink and drive to begin with. If you are an officer or deputy then you put people in jail for that on a regular basis. And just because you have a badge doesn't mean you can do it.

If you are a dispatcher then you know it's illegal and you know the outcome of drinking and driving as you receive the calls about it happening.

Personally, I have no sympathy for you or your drinking problem. And hopefully one day you will learn your lesson without killing someone or yourself.

No one really wants to hear your mouth. What you babble isn't worth my eye socket muscle tissue. Obviously you can't see that your response is a little too late and off subject. Do us all a favor and continue to wish you had something worth while to say, at least you'll impress yourself. [/b]

01-24-2007, 01:51 AM

I agree; knowing full well the tragedies that drinking and driving can cause, having seen both sides of DUI manslaughter and DUI SBI, I would still make the choice to drink and drive (if I wasn't drinking at my home).

There is NO excuse for my behavior, and I really cannot explain why I thought that I had the right to make that choice. My badge does not in any way shape or form place me "above the law."

BTW, just for the record, I am not this Jason Higgins person that you are all talking about.. Whatever good that will do to say. For obvious reasons, I cannot reveal my true identity.

About finding your statement that you find it interesting that somebody in the LE field would d & d in the first place, you would be surprised at how many LEO's do drink and drive.
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to justify my STUPIDITY by saying "well, other LEO's drink and Drive too ya know...." I am just stating a fact. There are many in our profession that make this mistake. I know that I am not alone. Thankfully for the citizens of Manatee County, there is one less drunk driver on the road from here on out. I have learned my lesson.

Having said that , I hope that you all realize that all I wanted to say is "THANK YOU. " Thankfully before I killed some innocent driver, I received a gift from God - a HUGE wake-up call. I won't be on the roads drunk EVER again. I would be the lucky on if drunk driving took my own life. I don't think that I would ever want somebody else's coffin resting on my conscience.

01-24-2007, 02:39 AM
The first step is admitting you have a problem. Good for you, Checkpoint. Take care and be safe.

01-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Oh I know you arent the only one to do it. It just upsets me that on duty they make arrests for it and then do it themselves off duty.

Kinda hypocritical!

But good luck in your journey!

01-25-2007, 08:18 AM
What it does mean is that you are illiterate and have no clue what you are talking about. Now get back out there in W30 and sell your product, its getting late.

01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Look's like another unhappy applicant we turned down! :lol:

02-01-2007, 06:56 AM
If M.H. was able to work there after all the racist stuff that came out of his mouth then no one can get fired out there