PDA

View Full Version : Drafted!

01-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Wow, 10 officer's drafted in a 3 day period!!

01-20-2007, 06:30 PM
so what, get over it. stop causing trouble.

01-21-2007, 02:31 AM
apparently your arse wasn't drafted. apparently your plans weren't changed.

01-21-2007, 04:29 AM
10 officers, thats the entire patrol division. Judy "the prowler" Fowler strikes again!! Sucks to have her job.

01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Just another great benefit of the job....

Next thing you know they will be filter out your e-mail :shock:

01-21-2007, 02:41 PM
drafted to do what? Outsider trying to understand

01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
When an overtime gig is posted it will list the required number of officers for the event. Appx 3 to 5 days prior to the event, the selection of the officers will occur. If say, for example the detail requires 6 officers, and only 2 signed up. The remaining 4 slots will will be filled by what is called the draft. Basically it's a rotation, it starts with the officer with the lowest amount of overtime hours, and runs down the list, and continues to cycle. So, say it's your weekend off, you are eligible for the draft. You get a nice little phone call that informs you that you were drafted on your day off, and "must" come in. The problem is that only a handfull of officers work overtime, so the draft occurs very often. The second problem is, people know they are going to be drafted, so they don't sign up for the event, and wait to be drafted. Thirdly, with such a low number of officers on patrol, the draft pool is not that large.

No matter what "draft system" is used there will always be complaints. I just find it funny how people complain about low pay, but yet very few people work overtime? :?

01-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Not everyone is an overtime hound. Some would rather spend their time away from work with their families. Yes the pay is low, but some don't want to make more money at the expense of their personal life. I realized a long time ago that the more overtime I worked just caused me to spend more money, so I never really had more money at the end of the month. 160 hours a month at work is plenty.

01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
No one is asking anybody to give up time with your family. But some people NEVER sign up for ANYTHING.

How about one a month????? Would that really kill you ????

That would lessen the draft potential for everyone

WORK TOGETHER !!!!!!!!

01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
No one is asking anybody to give up time with your family. But some people NEVER sign up for ANYTHING.

How about one a month????? Would that really kill you ????

That would lessen the draft potential for everyone

WORK TOGETHER !!!!!!!!

Why is a draft in place to begin with? Are the spots for patrol, or gigs around campus. I would think that if you contacted TTPD, TPD or SO, you couyld find willing officers to work.

01-24-2007, 05:41 AM
So what if some people never sign up for anything. Thats their choice, and you shouldn't judge them for it. Maybe they don't need the extra money, maybe they have a spouse that provides a substantial second income, maybe they budget their money wisely, who knows, but whatever the reason is, signing up or not signing up is no ones business but the individual officer. If these officer's dont need the money, why should they give up personal time to come in and work overtime?

01-24-2007, 05:45 AM
A wise man by the name of Billy Ray Cyrus once said, you'll never see a tombstone that reads, "If only I had spent more time at work".

01-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Then don't complain about our pay. And don't say that you don't, because EVERYONE does.

01-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Even if the officer's were making $100,000, eventually they would start complaining about that. You make more, you spend more, so you end up needing more, so you complain about not having more. It's a vicious cycle.

01-24-2007, 06:25 AM
We get paid pretty well when you consider what we have to do.

01-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Even if the officer's were making $100,000, eventually they would start complaining about that. You make more, you spend more, so you end up needing more, so you complain about not having more. It's a vicious cycle.

Give me a break

01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
How about they just draft the officers that never sign up for events. Some of us always sign up for events and still get drafted. I especially love the officers that call in sick on their draft day....

01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Whoever wrote "it's a vicous cycle" has a good point. When I started here a few years ago, I immediately bought a better car because I was making more money then my previous job. Got the CD player, leather wrap steering wheel etc. The following year I got a 3% pay raise. Well now it was time to move to a nicer apartment. It is a cycle. You make more, you spend more. Now I constantly work overtime to have extra money. If I had kept my old car, and stayed in my old apartment, I wouldn't have to work so much overtime. So I agree with "vicous cycle", but it's also nice to be able to improve your standard of living.

02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Why doesnt Tampa Campus ask for some OT help from the officers in St. Pete.. I know there are a bunch who would like the OT.

02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
How is it that the same people time and time again find a way to get exempted from the draft? :roll:

05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Quit picking on the logistics guy. Seriously though, getting tired of these drafts.

05-11-2012, 10:49 AM

05-11-2012, 11:46 AM

Draft Dodger!