PDA

View Full Version : What happen

01-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Anyone know why there has been an unusual influx of deputies leaving the agency and the state? Is it the due to the home owners insurance and health insurance rate hikes, hurricanes, or lack of understanding of the spanish language? Is it the lack of being able to afford housing on current salaries?

JustCause
01-20-2007, 09:16 AM
I think it would have to be salary. A junior deputy cannot afford to live in or around Pinellas County anymore. And soon it will be the same for the veteran folks too. Cost of living keeps skyrocketing, but our salary does not.

Now with the huge insurance hikes, who can afford it anymore. Certainly not the folks with a single income family. Guess we will have to get used to the high turnover rate and lack of GOOD applicants. I can understand why folks are moving north.

01-21-2007, 12:10 AM
We get GOOD applicants, but lately it seems the sheriff only hires the bad lazy ones!

Couch
01-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I can say this.... I left because of the price of living. My mortgage went from $1459.00 a month to $650.00 a month by leaving Florida. I also own a hell of a lot more house and almost 5 acres. The cost of living in Pinellas County is ridiculous. I was paying a little over $1900.00 a year in taxes in Dunedin, and now I pay a little over $400.00. The Tampa Bay area isn't far from being as bad as LA as far as the price of living goes.

01-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Is that you A.A.?????? Hi if it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!